Twenty

A/N: Slow updates at the moment cos it's race weekend in Belgium and I'm soaking it all up because I'm not ready for the summer break. Also how good is that Oscar P2 🥳🥳🥳
(I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself with no race weekends for the next three weeks)

Carlos

He watched her go as he stayed rooted in spot unable to do anything about what had just happened. From the corner of his eye he saw Henri, the agent from Minotaur who was sent to accompany Morgan snake his way through the crowd and stopping in front of the two people from the press.

"This way, we have a few things we need to discuss," he said as he led the reporter and the cameraman away. Carlos saw the hint of his gun peek from behind his jacket.

"You fucking idiot," Blanca hissed, "This is going to go everywhere now! You've fucked up things for yourself," she scolded. Carlos was about to reply when Rebecca approached them and he could almost see the steam come out of Blanca's ears at the sight of her. "I'll deal with this. Go talk to Morgan," she said giving him a shove as she went up to Rebecca. Carlos didn't wait to see what Blanca was about to do, instead he followed Morgan who had disappeared into the house.

He made his way to their room to find it completely dark save for the open windows where light from the party was streaming into the room. "Morgan?" he called out as he shut the door behind him.

He saw something shiny hurling towards him and he didn't have time to even react as a knife embedded itself into the door. Just mere millimeters away from his ear. His eyes widened in surprise just as Morgan came into view. She looked livid, her cheeks were a bright red and her eyes were zeroed in on him. He found himself pushed against the door. Her elbow slamming into his throat and a slim knife just inches away from his eye.

"I can explain," he groaned out.

"You selfish whoring bastard!" Morgan hissed, "Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't rip your eye right from the socket!"

Up close she looked menacing. Her hair had come undone and strands of it fell over her face. Her lips were pulled back in a snarl, her eyes almost red. He didn't know what exactly to say or do.

"I can explain," he tried.

She wrenched the knife from the door but didn't take her arm from his neck. "I don't give a fuck about what you do with Rebecca or anyone else for that matter. The only thing I asked from you was to keep it discreet," she said, her arm tightening against his throat. Carlos tried to speak but instead let out a wheeze, his throat restricting him from even getting a breath in.

But then her phone rang.

Carlos took in a deep breath as she let go of him and marched over to her phone. "Fuck it's Jenna. Henri must've told her about the photos." he didn't know if she was talking to herself or to him and Carlos decided that the best thing for him to do right now was to shut up. He watched as her fingers hovered over the screen before she answered.

"Jenna I can explain," Morgan began before letting out an exasperated sigh and putting the call on speakerphone, "He's here with me," she said giving Carlos a quick glance.

"Carlos, what on earth were you thinking when you decided to go out with Rebecca?" Jenna asked from her side of the line. Carlos stayed rooted in his spot as the handler began listing out all the possible near death opportunities he'd put both himself and Morgan into. "And to think that you were one of the most levelheaded drivers on the grid," Jenna said with a sigh, "I expected more from you,"