Chapter 5

"Yvette, I think I know what it says on the piece of paper!!" Eve woke me up very excited and with joy. She made me get up quickly, it was still night, but the sun was about to rise.
I walked over to the letter Ewald gave me that was leaning against the wall, and stood next to Eve. "Okay, Yvette, I think it's a poem about life, because I know it puts life here" she pointed to the word on the page where it said 'life' in giant language, "and besides, it's written in verse, I don't know  what else does it say, but I can read it to you, because I know the pronunciation of the letters, and then you can tell Ewald!" she said happily

"life begins
involuntarily.
As many times as heartbeats,
like sighs,
like smiles we contain"

She read very delicately and slowly

"That word, smiles, it's smiles, I think, so I guess it's a happy poem" she said

"Livs? beegins
Invoulountairli....
As mainy tims as hartbits?....
Laik siths
Laik smails? Wee countein.."

I tried to reapited what she said. I said it too wrong, it's nothing like what she said.

"Yeah! That's pretty much it, I don't even know if I pronounce it right, or if we have to put an accent or something...but yeah, I think he will understand you, ....maybe"

She tapped me on the shoulder twice and headed off to make us  breakfast.

And I went to put on my boots to go out again and see Ewald again. While she prepared some toast with homemade jam and two glass of water to drink. We both ate breakfast while she continued looking at Ewald's poem and I looked at her.

I finished my toast and got up.
"Well then... I'm going to get ready to leave, to see if I get to Ewald safe and sound..." I said happily, while refilling the gas in the three-dimensional equipment. We had a gas tank to refill the equipment thanks to Eve who was able to invent it.

"Be very careful, although I know you'll be fine :)" she told me, hugging me, I hugged her back and lifted her a little while hugging her. We kissed goodbye and then I went over to where Tony was sleeping, and without waking him up I kissed him on the forehead and without making much noise I left the house.

It was a bit breezy.
It had rained at night, everything was wet from the rain, it smelled very good though, I loved the smell of rain. It was very calming, if I could I would stay outside all night while it rained, I don't care about getting wet in the rain. The bad thing is that I will never be able to do that if there are giants wanting to eat me every time they see me.

I headed towards the village while remembering in my head the poem about the giant like my girlfriend told me, and remembering the words like 'life' and 'smile' in giant language. While I was walking towards the village I was saying the poem quietly so that I wouldn't forget the poem.

Everything was very quiet in the forest, you could only hear the birds chirping as they had just woken up because of the sun.

The walk I was taking was very relaxing, so relaxing that without realizing it I had already arrived at the giant town, where there were obviously giants.

I saw the giants walking calmly like me a while ago, others buying food at markets, talking, laughing... They are not all human-eating monsters either... I thought it was dumb that idea, because they really are human-eating monsters, what happens is that there are none human around them.

Except me.

...

Suddenly I stopped dissociating and came to myself, in that moment of shock with reality, I started to think that all those giants who are buying food, walking and talking to each other could come for me when they realize I'm here. and eat me alive??!!. Thinking that, fear began to set in and nimbly  with the three-dimensional equipment I climbed the wall of one of the houses to the roof of the house and watched them from above.