mask

mask

Story by : ʜɪʀᴏᴏ

✧: *✧:*✧: *✧:*✧:*✧:*✧: *✧:*✧: *✧:*
‗ ❍ Fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ Fʀᴏᴍ Tʜᴇ Pʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜs Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

They told me that the perpetrator who had shot me had disappeared when the police arrived at the place where he had shot me earlier, they only found a trail of blood that ended up in the elevator. The CCTV in the left was also not working since three days ago, so the police completely lost track of the perpetrator. The blood had also dried up so it couldn't be taken to check the perpetrator's DNA. No clues, no eyewitnesses, and also...no information about me. Of course, Sophie had temporarily rearranged the identity of Miyano Chino so that I could at least freely search for information on some secret sites on the internet, although I had never tried to visit the website of the police headquarters anyway. This was so that I could investigate Beer's case more deeply.

Sophie has also warned me not to attract the attention of important characters anymore, especially the organization members and Furuya Rei. I have to make them think that I'm just an ordinary kid and let myself go, although I think it won't be that easy...

"But we just checked the fingerprints on the rifle left behind by the perpetrator, and found that there were fingerprints of this person. Do you recognize him?" I struggled to get up from my sleeping position and looked at the file Heizo pointed out. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the photo of the person in the file.

"e-eh!?"

꧁༺ɦǟքքʏ ʀɛǟɖɨռɢ༻꧂

✧: *✧:*✧: *✧:*✧:*✧:*✧: *✧:*✧: *✧:*

I immediately widened my eyes in shock when I saw the photo of the person in the file, he was a man with a scratch on his right eye, had messy blonde hair, and also..there was a heart tattoo on his left cheek. His name was..Edd Ethereal, the same surname as one of Beer's murder victims, Becky Ethereal. Although their physical forms are different, but I can see that Edd has a mole above his eyebrows just like Becky's.

"How do you know the owner of the fingerprints?" There were only two plausible reasons that I knew of. First, Edd was a former police officer and second, Edd was a fugitive. They didn't answer my question, but instead showed me a piece of newspaper that looked brand new. I immediately turned my attention towards the headlines that were printed more prominently, there was an article about an armed bank robbery that happened a week ago. The two robbers had been arrested two hours after the robbery took place. There were no victims at all in the robbery, but strangely the two of them did not hide their identities at all. It was as if they wanted to be caught on purpose. But one of the robbers escaped from prison a few hours later, and that escaped robber was Edd Esthereal.

"We've been looking for him in the empty buildings around the aquarium where you were attacked, and also at his house, but we couldn't find Edd's whereabouts at all," this is just my opinion, but it's possible that he was with Beer in his hiding place somewhere. What is Beer really after from me? My intelligence? My physical ability? Or..he just wants to kill me because my existence threatens the black organization? But why did they do it so blatantly like that? Why? And also..shouldn't the main members of the black organization not be in Japan right now, I mean the main plot of the anime is still far away. They should be in America right now. Again, this is just my opinion, but in the anime the FBI only deployed their members three years before the anime plot begins. So it is certain that the black organization they have been after for a long time must be in their country, America. But why are they in Japan now? Why is the FBI also in Japan?

I again felt the thick liquid flowing through my fingers, ah..I relapsed again. I saw a lot of fresh blood flowing from my nail, the condition of my finger also looked very pathetic with the flesh almost visible, my nail was also almost detached from my finger. It seemed like I had been biting my nail hard really hard, the two Osaka police officers were just looking at me with expressions of surprise and worry, surprised that a child like me could bite this badly and even my face showed an expression as if I didn't feel any pain at all, and also worried because they saw blood pouring out of my finger. Ginshiro immediately got up from his sitting position and went out to call a doctor, while I was left alone with Heizo.