The Darkest hallway

"You're going to get yourself killed!'' cried Quinn. Carlton looked down at her with warmth in his eyes, "I'm gonna be just fine, trust me, I survived much worse than this. Plus, we can't just leave that kid in this place" he chuckled while patting her on the head. She knew he was right, but it didn't stop her feeling worried for him. A hand on Quinn's shoulder spun her around and she was greeted by Jessica's stern face looking at her dead in the eye, "We got to go, these kids need to get to the police station" Jessica grumbled glancing at each child. Quinn turned to Carlton one last time and threw her arms around him. "Just be safe, okay?" Quinn said, squeezing him tight. He nodded his head at her reassuringly before running out the door into the dark dingy pizzeria. "He's gonna get himself killed," she thought to herself, "Quinn, hurry up let's go!" Marla called. Quinn snapped back to reality and raced off after Jessica and Marla into the dimly lit hallway that led through the restaurant.

It felt as though they had been walking for ages. Quinn looked down at the child that walked beside her, the kid she had been assigned to look after. Her blonde curls bounced up and down as she took each step. Quinn tapped the little girl on the shoulder, and she looked up at her shyly. "What's your name?" Quinn asked politely. The little girl looked down at the checkered black and white tiles for a moment and then mumbled something, "Lisa" she whispered. "I'm Quinn" she said confidently back at the little girl. Lisa gave a little smile before turning away. Marla glanced back at Quinn, "Hurry up, we don't have all! she yelled. Quinn began to pick up her pace following Marla and Jessica through the long hallway.

Quinn looked around at the walls, the further they walked the more claustrophobic she felt. It seemed as though the walls were coming closer and closer together after every step she took. Jessica stopped abruptly and Quinn almost ran into her. She glanced over Jessica's shoulder to see why they had stopped, the halfway split into two different directions, one going left and the other going right. Quinn felt a light tug on the end of her jeans causing her to look down. Lisa was looking up at her sadly, "Why have we stopped?" She whispered. "We just need to work out which way to go," Quinn said, trying to make the little girl feel more at ease. Marla turned around to face everyone, "I think we should go left, I'm pretty sure that was the way me and Carlton came before". Jessica nodded her head in agreement, "As long as you're sure" she said with a sound of nervousness in her voice. Marla took off, turning the corner swiftly. The three children rushed off following her trying to keep up. Quinn turned her head gazing down the other side of the hallway curious as to what was there, she squinted, there was a small rectangle shaped indent in the wall that caught her attention. "Marla, Jessica, I think there might be a door down here!" Quinn yelled out. They both turned their heads giving her a confused look, "It's just safer to go this way, we know what's down there" Marla said pointing in the opposite direction. "Well, I'm willing to take that chance" Quinn called back.

Quinn walked down towards the door distancing herself from the group. She stood in front of the blocky metal door, the sign above read 'Fire Exit'. Quinn put her hands on the door pushing forwards on it. The door gave way and Quinn stumbled out onto the cold concrete landing on her hands and knees. A gust of icy air brushed past her as she looked up at the night sky that was covered in tiny shining stars. A relieving sensation filled her body as she got to her feet, she had found a way out. The door slammed shut behind her and she jumped, quickly spinning around to look at it. She reached out for the handle trying to open it again but to no avail it wouldn't budge. She clenched her fist and banged on the door though no one came. "I've been locked out," Quinn whispered to herself.