Oh God!

Quinn hobbled down the hallway, John and Marla by her side. Jessica walked out in front continuing to check each room they passed. "Carlton didn't sound that far away; he has to be around here somewhere" Jessica said a little impatiently. Quinn raised her hand weakly pointing down the hallway. "Is that the end?" she asked. It seemed as though there was a wall down the end, a door that was slightly opened attached to it. There was bright light coming from inside the room, its glow dimly lit the hallway. Jessica nodded her head signalling the others to follow her. As they approached the door, sounds began to flow out of the hallway, mechanical parts creaked and the sound of someone's voice groaning in pain. Quinn glanced over at the others, they all had the same worried expression on their faces, she could tell they were thinking exactly what she was thinking.

Quinn watched as John placed his hand up against the wooden door, he glanced back at the others, "I'm gonna open" John said with a shaky voice. Quinn looked from side to side at Jessica and Marla, they were both nodding their heads and so was she. John turned back to the wooden door and grasped the handle. He creaked the door open just enough for him to see inside. Quinn watched as his eyes widened and his jaw dropped a little. He stood so still and tenses, "Jesus Christ" he muttered. Quinn tried looking over his shoulder, but he was too tall. "What is it?!" Jessica growled from behind. In the blink of an eye John rushed into the room leaving Quinn standing in the doorway.

Quinn could feel herself holding her breath, it was almost as though she had forgotten how to breathe. Her eyes were pinpointed on the young man lying on the floor. He layed in a puddle of his own blood, the bottom of his clothes drenched in the gooey liquid. His hair was no longer bouncy and fluffy, it now seemed so thick and oily. "C-Carlton" she mumbled. She completely forgot about the pain in her foot as she raced into the room after John who was kneeling down next to him. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Quinn yelled shakily. John was shaking his shoulder, "Carlton!" he cried. "I knew this would happen; I knew he was gonna get himself killed!" Quinn screamed. She could feel tears stream down her face as she rushed down beside Carlton. Her knees slid into the puddle of blood, and she could feel it soaking into her jeans. Marla and Jessica hurried into the room, "Carlton! Oh jeez, is he okay?". Quinn could hear their voices, but she couldn't concentrate on what they were saying. She pulled his lifeless upper body up into a sitting position and buried her face into his shoulder, her tears soaked into his teal T-shirt. Marla bent down beside her and placed her hand on Quinns shoulder, "I'm sure he's gonna be fine" Marla smiled.

John placed his hand on Carlton's neck, "He has a pulse, he's alive!" John announced happily, he looked down at Carlton, "Don't worry you're gonna be okay" he smiled. Carlton made a quiet groan, and everyone looked at him. A small wave of relief washed over Quinn, and she let out a little sigh of relief. "Well, he won't be okay for much longer if we don't get him out of here!" Marla said impatiently. Quinn shot her head up, "Wait, what!?" she yelled. "But we will get him out of here in time, won't we John" Marla said grinning at him. "Yeah, yeah I'm on it" John said rolling his eyes. John slid his hands underneath Carlton and scooped him up. "Jesus, you're heavy!" John exclaimed, trying to keep his balance. Quinn whipped the tears from her eyes as Marla put her arm around her, "He's gonna be fine, as a matter of fact we're all gonna be fine". Quinn smiled back, "Hey wait, where's Jessica?" she questioned. "I'm over here" Jessica called. Marla and Quinn turned to face Jessica, she was sitting down next to a little blond boy, it looked like the kid had been crying. "Did we forget there was a child to be rescued?" Jessica laughed. "Oh right, I completely forgot, I was so worried about..." Quinn trailed off while biting down on her lip.