ch2: Wait, other people exist!?

Dreams pov

It's been around 145 years and now I can talk! Well not very good, but enough to be able to communicate with Nightmare.

 All the books I've read are what Nightmare calls fairytales, they are very cool but I wonder what the red stuff they call 'blood' is. Nightmare says it's something that comes from your body if you get hurt, but whenever I get hurt I never bleed.

I usually stay by the tree cause Nightmare said we had to protect it, nothing else. Nightmare usually gets the food we need but I don't eat that much as I'm not that hungry, I also stay awake at night as the watch to make sure nothing happens.

Nightmare also has this weird purple thingy that he controls with his hand, I asked him and he said it's called magic. I've been watching him practice and try to recreate what he did to do magic.

Because of this I can now summon weapons and make a protective shield around my self, Nightmare also can make weapons but not the shield.

We also started putting defenses around the tree that I saw in books, like bear traps cause Nightmare says that he felt revolting emotions coming from the east.

"Their emotions are a revolting, I bet they want to golden apples"

I wonder what emotions are, maybe it's that weird burning feeling I keep getting in my soul. I want to be able to tell them apart so I start watching Nightmare and make note of what his emotions feel like depending on the emotion.

I learned I don't feel them I just see different looking things in a person's head (colors) and then linked them to the emotions felt.

{5 day time skip brought to you by a fun fact about Dream! They don't need to eat or sleep at all. they also have bad dexterity control}

I was in the tree while Nightmare was reading and saw other beings coming.

"Nightmare there are beings coming"

"Ok Dream stay close to me, don't let them near the tree"

I did the uppy downs and stood beside him while he conversed with the beings once they got closer, He was telling them to stay away from tree and threatening them.

As he was threatening them I saw one brake off from the crowd and get closer to the tree, I stood in front of them and glared them down.

"please stay away from the tree"

They still got closer to it, they where almost at the trunk

"Please stay away from the tree"

I popped up in front of them and pushed them into a bear trap, this red stuff oozed out of them as they laid on the floor.

"You didn't listen"

I pulled them out of the trap and dragged them back to the group where everyone was staring in shock.

"This is yours now"

I pushed them into the crowd where they were bandaged up and set on the floor, after that they left and settled at the bottom of the hill were the tree was sitting.

"Hey Nightmare, what was the stuff oozing out of that being?"

"That was blood Dream, surly you've seen it?"

Oh so that's what blood looks like! Well it certainly was pretty, but why are Nightmares emotions the color of shock, anger and fear?

"Are you ok Nightmare?"

"Yes Dream, I'm fine"

I knew he was lying but I don't get why? I did my job correctly and protected the tree, maybe. it was the villagers for the anger part but I couldn't figure out the other emotions.

I reset the bear trap and went into the tree to keep watch as it's night now, Nightmare sat. at the bottom of the tree.

"Bye, Nightmare"

"Goodnight, Dream"

He always seems unsettled when I said bye to him before he slept, I don't know why. Nothing really happened that night apart from the villagers setting up camp.

{45 years later brought to you by Dream almost killing more people with bear traps}

The villagers came about 45 years ago, 43 years ago Nightmare started coming to the tree with injuries, after that villagers disappeared all the time and I may have something to do with it.

In the mean time all the villagers were trying to become something called 'friends' with me, I refused as I have to stay by the tree to protect it. When they persist they meet the same fate as the first villager to come to close.

A few of them have died, I've found out that they have more books about fairytales! But after Nightmare started getting hurt I read stuff on how to use healing magic to heel him when he's asleep.

My dexterity is still bad and I still don communicate much other than warnings, I've also started lay traps like holes in the ground with spikes and more bear traps, Nightmare knows where they all are so he doesn't get hurt.

I got out of my thought when I saw a villager coming near the tree again, they never learn do they? As they got closer I jumped down from the tree.

"Please stay away from the tree"

"Please, I just want one of the golden apples"

"No"

They kept getting closer, and closer, and closer

"Please stay away from the tree"

They suddenly ran at the tree and tried to climb it, they failed at reaching the branches to do so.

"You didn't listen"

I pulled them from the tree and threw then into the spike trap, blood oozed out as I picked them up and brought them to the village finding some people at the entrance.

"This is yours now"

After that I walked off and saw Nightmare back at the tree looking at the collapsed trap, he looked up at me as I got closer.

"Another one came?"

"They never learn"

"I got some new books ones is a fairy tale called Cinderella if you want it"

"Thank you"

I grabbed and brought it up to my stash of books to read later that night, I had yet to finish Pinocchio so I was going to read it later
<--------------------------------------------------->

Wooo chapter 2 done! I'll explain some stuff!
-Dream only sees Nightmare as like a coworker
- Dream does not know colors so he just linked an emotion most felt to the color most prominent 
- Nightmare finds the books abandoned in the forest by villagers, the first books he found were from an abandoned house in the forest

Ask if you have any questions  and have a good day/night!
-DuckSwitch

words:976 (Without the stuff after the <---> thing)