ch4: Nootmare time

Nightmares pov

I've been walking in the forest for a while now, I'm trying to find the old house that was here. I would hide out there when I was younger to get away from Dream....

My god I ignored them so much when we were younger, I even remember staying away from them when they couldn't even walk! I watched from a distance as they struggled for almost half the day to learn to walk.

They also think that their only purpose was to guard to tree, I mean I told them that but I didn't think they would take it so seriously! They had no knowledge of numbers or colors!

I found out the colors bit when they pointed at a Negative apple and asked if it was the yellow one. They are also so violent, I think that stems from the lack of interaction with people.

They almost killed a man when they villagers first came, I don't know if they've killed but I don't doubt it. Oh god I'm such a bad bro-

"Nightmare what's a brother?"

Dream pulled me out of my thoughts, I think I've just been staring into the distance while holding them and walking.

"Hmmm, A brother is-  A brother is someone who is born from the same parents as you, but that doesn't mean you have to see them as a brother."

"what are parents?"

"Parents are people that raise you to be who you are today, they usually stick around throughout your life."

"Whats that mean?"

"Well, you've known me all your life. What do you see me as?"

"Parent"

I froze in place. Dream thinks of me as a parent!? What lead to this, I mean yea, we've been together all our life and witnessed some big accomplishments of ours but never in a parental way!

"Why is that Dream?"

"Your the only one who stayed"

"What does that mean?"

"I know everything from you and books"

"I don't see ho-"

"You raised me"

How did I raise them? I ignored them at any chance I got, I never said that I cared for them, I on gave them the books to keep them busy and taught them to read to help with that! Wait, They said I'm the only one who stayed, I taught them almost everything they know.

But how does that make me seem like a parent!? All the kids at the village said that parents care for you, I never showed that I cared for Dream. Maybe it's because of the definition I gave to them.

"Nightmare look! It's a big place!"

I looked and saw the abandoned house I was looking for

"Okay Dream this is our new home, we stay here now"

"Okay Nightmare"

I walked in and set Dream down, looking at the stairs I saw they were made of black marble with dark oak balustrades. There was light switch on the wall and when I flicked it the lights turned on, how this place has electricity I don't know.

"Dream, wanna go look at the rooms?"

They nodded and grabbed onto my hand, almost immediately they let go. I grabbed it back gently and they looked surprised, we then walked around looking at the rooms.

<The first floor>

Kitchen/living room
The two were conjoined only being separated by a long island from the far right to the middle of the kitchen (about 20ft or around 6 meters) The stone and wood was the same as the staircase

Training room
Has closet set to the side filled with training gear and dummies, The room is magic proof so no magic will destroy it if incorrectly used

porch/yard
same wood as all the others, leads to a big front yard and the woods. The yard has a swing set, a angle oak tree, and a small garden\

Nightmares pov

"Hey Dream, what do ya think of it?"

"It's cool!"

Nice to know they still have child like wonder, I hope that they won't find all the best hide and seek places immediately. Last time that happened I couldn't find them for a whole day! Well we should pick our bedrooms on the second floor now.

"Hey Dream, you ready to pick out a bedroom?"

"Yea, lets go"

<2nd floor>

Bedrooms (so far)

Nightmare
Bed in the upper right corner of the room facing the upper left, with a desk opposite the bed. Book case spanning the whole left wall. (Color scheme is royal purple and black)

Dream
Bean bag in the upper left corner of the room, there was a platform hanging from the ceiling with pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals on it. To get to the platform there were steps going around the room. And a bookcase was on the right wall.

<end>

Well the only things left was getting Dream more clothes and figuring out what everything did. Dream found a toy box and decided look at what was inside, they found a black cat plushie that they immediately fell in love with.

"Nightmare do I get this?"

"Of course Dream, what will you name it?"

"Caro"

After that they played with Caro until sunset, when I saw the sun setting and decided that it was time for bed.

"Hey Dream, time for bed!"

"Ok, bye Nightmare"

"Dream you need to sleep too"

"No, need to protect you"

Why would they think that? They slept at night when we said goodnight right?

"Dream there's no one here except us, I'll be fine and so will you"

"Promise?"

"Yes Dream, I promise"

After I told them that they got up and grabbed onto one of my tentacles and went towards the stairs, they looked back at me with eyes that could melt the soul.

"Can I stay with you"

"Okay, but only for tonight if it makes you feel better"

"Okay"

We went up to my room and found some clothes for Dream, where does this stuff come from? They got changed into a onesie that look like an octopus, it even had little tentacles!

<----------------------------------------------------->

Another chapter done! I tried my best with some fluff between siblings and I think it turned out ok. I don't think there's anything to clear up about the characters but ask if you have a question.

Hope you all have a great day/night!
-DuckSwitch

words:985