Chapter 5 | Cold

"Well, I say...Hyrule Castle has seen better days." Urbosa, the Chief of the Gerudo and the pilot of Divine Beast Vah Naboris murmured to herself. Urbosa rubbed her gloved hands together as she trudged onwards. The looming Hyrule Castle drew closer at each step she took.

A faint smile came to her face. The castle was far from finished Urbosa was surprised to see how much the princess had been able to do in the little time that Calamity Ganon was expelled from the castle. Even though only a quarter of the castle was truly rebuilt. Urbosa was proud of the progress that princess Zelda had made. "You've done well, Little Bird." Urbosa whispered praises for Princess Zelda only to herself.

The Gerudo chief did tilt her head at the strangeness the castle seemed to emit. Urbosa scrunched her brows as she tried to puzzle it out. Urbosa swore it couldn't be right, but she could feel something odd...almost sinister about the castle.

Urbosa guffawed, her Little Bird's castle couldn't be evil. Objects couldn't possess any feelings, which was insane. Urbosa brought her composure back and was about to knock on the door. However, someone already opened it before she had a chance to. "Good evening, Champion Urbosa."

Although, the Gerudo was never easily scared. The eerie sound of the scrapping medal door on the ground as it opened, and the deliberate slowness put her on edge. Urbosa's hand subconsciously gripped the handle of her scimitar which was currently sheathed hanging and hidden by her cloak which kept her warm. A pair of red eyes peered out of the darkness of the room beyond the door.

A Sheikah with flowing silver hair, a modest tan suit and a scrutinizing gaze stepped out into the pale light of the sunset. Urbosa sighed as she realized who it was and let her hand rest easy by her side.

"Impa, you gave me a scare." Urbosa remarked. The Sheikah, Impa didn't react to the comment and simply stared at Urbosa with a wary eye.

Impa extended her hands towards Urbosa, "Discard your weapon."

Urbosa's eyes went wide. She had visited the castle several times and this had never been requested of her. She didn't argue and unsheathed her scimitar. Urbosa handed it over to Impa who clipped it to her belt.

Her belt already held an assortment of other weapons, some Urbosa recognized. Some that she had never seen, most likely Sheikah technology. Impa looked up at Urbosa with a blank gaze. She outstretched her hand to the darkness inside. "Follow me."

Urbosa obeyed, falling in step behind the Sheikah who wove her way through the maze of tarnished halls. The whole castle was destroyed beyond Urbosa's comprehension. The paintings were torn down, the wallpaper was peeling, many of the floorboards fell away into darkness, the windows were shattered, and pieces of the ceiling.

While they were traversing through a ruined drawing room. The floor from under her gave out. Luckily Impa was quick enough to grab Urbosa's hand, Urbosa looked down to her horror to realize what was a gaping hole and all the floors under her had already broken away.

Without much effort Impa helped Urbosa up despite Urbosa being much taller and heavier than the Sheikah. All that Impa had to say after that almost death situation was "Be careful." Before they continued as if nothing had ever happened.

"Thanks." Urbosa breathed watching the floor underneath her with a careful eye, she was incredibly thankful for the Sheikah's quick action. The Gerudo looked around in slight bewilderment.

They continued to walk down hall after hall and cross through room after room. Urbosa expected to at least see a servant dashing down the hall at this point but alas not another soul except Impa was seen. "Where is everyone?" Urbosa inquired.