x.

The next few weeks proved to be both uneventful and exciting simultaneously for Declan Hayes.

After dinner everyday, Declan and Allison practice Quidditch on the Quidditch pitch. They hadn't run into Randy, Kelly, and Kristin since their first practice session, so they had access to the full pitch, though they only really need the hoops.

As well as practicing Quidditch, Declan was working with Amanda Philips on their dragon sheet every other night. The two were growing closer as they did this. Declan was even starting to meet some of Amanda's friends, most notably the Gryffindor girl who is in their Herbology class, who occasionally spoke with Declan during class.

Thomas was growing increasingly frustrated due to the fact that he couldn't find any information about the keys. Every few days, he would spend hours in the library and every time, he would come back rather angry.

Declan, Allison, and Lori weren't going to the library every day to find information, normally opting to go off of the information they did have. Lori grew tired of calling the keys just 'the keys', so she spent some time coming up with a name for them.

"Guys, I have it," Lori said one day in the Common Room. It was late and Declan and Allison had both been outside practicing Quidditch.

"Have what?" Thomas asked, not looking up from the book he was reading.

"A name for the keys!" Lori exclaimed.

"What do you have in mind?" Declan asked, throwing his mini model broom around the room. It was circling the common room and would always come back to him.

"We'll call them the Mystical Keys," said Lori, putting her hands up for dramatic affect.

Despite not personally liking the name, nobody else could come up with anything better, so unfortunately, it stuck.

--

The morning of September 20th was different than other weekends during the school year. Quidditch trials.

Declan awoke early in the morning, his Quidditch gear on the floor beside his bed. It was early and he assumed only Allison would be awake.

Declan picked up his Quidditch gear, which only really consisted of goggles and gloves, and grabbed his broom. He was about to exit the dormitory when he heard someone from inside the room call his name.

"Declan?" Thomas whispered.

"Yeah?" Declan replied.

"Where're you going? It's Saturday," Thomas said, yawning.

"Quidditch trials," said Declan.

"Wait for me in the Common Room. Lori and I both said we'll come to support you and Allison," said Thomas.

Declan nodded as Thomas got out of his bed. He exited the dormitory and made his way to the Common Room, going over Quidditch plays in his head, especially the upside-down shot. He'd been practicing it a lot whenever he could, though he practiced normal shooting when he was with Allison.

Allison exited her dormitory, Lori behind her. Allison had her Keeper gloves on and her broom over her shoulder. Lori had her hair up in a ponytail. Her robes were over her pajamas and she had slippers on.

"You seem comfortable," said Declan.

"Well, it's very early, isn't it, Dec?" Lori replied.

"Yeah, I know," Declan replied.

Declan looked around the Common Room. He saw eight students in the Common Room. Declan assumed they were also trying out. It reminded Declan of how his spot on the team wasn't guaranteed. He had competition.