xv.

The morning after a Quidditch victory was always brilliant. Remnants of the previous nights' celebrations covered the Common Room. Food was just about everywhere, half empty goblets of butterbeer and pumpkin juice were placed around the room, and many students were asleep in various places.

When Declan and Thomas entered the Common Room in the morning, they were greeted by Lori, Allison, and a trashed Common Room.

"Wow, this place is trashed," said Thomas.

"If Sprout gets mad, she should just know it wasn't any of us," said Allison.

The Hufflepuff Quartet made their way down to the Great Hall. The winter holidays were beginning tomorrow, so many students were leaving. As Declan and his friends began to eat, Amanda approached them at their table.

"I'm leaving for the winter holidays, love," said Amanda.

"See you soon," said Declan. The two hugged and Declan watched as Amanda walked out of the Great Hall.

"Don't stare, Declan, you might start drooling," said Allison.

"Shut up, Allison," said Declan, embarassed.

Before their conversation could continue any more, Joey Bowman walked up to their table, standing behind Lori.

"Hey, Joey," said Declan.

"How are you, mate?" Joey replied, "erm.. Lori, can I talk to you?"

Lori looked up at Joey and nodded. He looked at her blankly.

"In private?" Joey added.

Lori stood up and walked down the aisle. She spoke with Joey near the doors of the Great Hall.

"I wonder what they're talking about," Thomas commented.

"He's probably asking her out," said Allison.

"Are you sure?" Thomas asked.

Everyone watched as Lori hugged Joey before he left the Great Hall. She walked back to the Hufflepuff table, smiling and blushing madly.

"He told me he fancies me. We're together now," said Lori.

"I told you," said Allison simply. She took a sip of her water and continued eating.

"That's brilliant," said Declan. He didn't feel as though he meant it.

"I've mastered disillusionment. We should be able to get to the restricted section soon," said Thomas, changing the subject.

"That's brilliant, Thomas. Just let us know when we can learn," Declan replied.

"Well, it's the winter holidays. We have all the time we need," said Lori.

"Hey, Lori, where were you yesterday after the match? I saved a butterbeer for you but you never came back," said Allison.

"Oh, I was with Joey. He wasn't too happy about losing, so I comforted him. We were in the library," Lori explained.

Declan nodded. That explains what Tonks said yesterday, Declan thought.

"Nice job on the win, though, you two did brilliant," said Lori.

"Thanks. We have some nicknames now," Declan said.

"Yeah, I heard. Everyone was chanting after the match yesterday," Lori replied, "how does it feel to be the Acrobat, Declan?"

Declan chuckled before he took a bite of bacon.

The Hufflepuffs all continued eating their food before they returned to the Common Room. They all spent time together in the Common Room. Thomas was turning an empty butterbeer bottle invisible and back to normal over and over, mostly for practice.