Chapter 10: Personal

Delilah's POV

I made it to the building and waited for the interview to start, I felt very off about this interview but brushed it off thinking I was just nervous being in an interview by myself for the first time.

Interviewer:Welcome everyone to the Truth News Show and today our guest is the one and only..DELILAH RODRIQUEZ!

I smile and wave at the audience then turn my gaze at the interviewer.

Interviewer:So Delilah, how do u feel right now?
She asked

Delilah:I'm feeling amazing, I'm glad I'm in this interview tonight.
I replied smiling.

Interviewer:That's good to hear, anyway are you ready for the first question?
She asked

I nodded and she looked at the card she was holding to read the question.

Interviewer:First question..Do you have any siblings?

Delilah:Yes, I have 5 siblings. 3 brothers and 2 sisters but I don't really want to talk about them at the moment.
I replied, remembering how terrible my siblings treated me growing up.

The interviewer looked confused on why I didn't want to talk about my family but she continued to ask the next question.

Interviewer:Ok? Next question.. What were you like as a kid?

I looked at the floor not knowing how to answer, I didn't want to lie or tell the truth.

Delilah:I was the quiet kid that kept all my secrets to myself even though I should've, and I was always afraid but I can't say of what..
I said still looking at the floor.

The interviewer could sense something was wrong but she had to keep asking.

Interviewer:Why can't you tell us, you can say it nothing will happen.
She said putting on a concerted smile.

There's no point in hiding it anymore.. I took a deep breath and spoke the truth.

Delilah:I was afraid of my family, I'm still afraid of them actually..Also my best friend decided to take my family's side and treat me the same was as they did but worse..My eyes started to water.

Everyone looked at me with concern and sadness.

Delilah:I've tried escaping many times but they always find me.
Tears started streaming down my face and I had a mental breakdown.

Interviewer:Oh my goodness I'm so sorry you have to go through this.I think we should stop the interview.

I nodded and everyone started leaving, the interviewer hugged me and told me if I needed anything.

I got up and opened my phone to tell my bodyguard to pick me up because I didn't feel safe going back outside.

My bodyguard arrived and we started heading back to the hotel, I had tear stains on my cheeks and my mascara was a bit ruined.

I opened the door to my hotel room and saw bill sitting on the couch, as soon as he lifted his head up and saw me, he immediately got up and ran towards me.

Bill:Delilah are you okay?! What happened why are you crying?!
He asked pulling me in for a hug.

I couldn't speak so I just cried in his arms, I was confused on where Tom was.

Bill:Was the interview really that bad?
He said wiping my tears away.

Tom walked out the bathroom and saw us, he walked over and asked what's wrong, i pulled away from bill and sat on the bed.