Chapter Three: Coffee House 'Interview'

Diana:

I was placing my folded on my bed when my sister, Artemis, entered my room scowling. She stood in my door way with her arms crossed.

   “What Arty?” I asked her, pulling on a forest green tank top.

   “What? What!?” she questioned. “You know what!”

   “Actually, I don’t,” I told her, grabbing my leather biker jacket. “I don’t always know what you yell at me for. And this time is one of those times.”

   She frowned and sat on the edge of my desk, while I pulled on my faux military boots.

   “How about you going on a hunt and not letting me know – ”

   “I don’t always t –”

   “Or when you got back, two men were driving you,” she said. “Men,” she spat. “Men!”

   “They helped me out during the hunt and then offered me a ride,” I told her. She held our Mother’s beliefs on “all men are evil”, whereas I gave every new one I met a chance.   “That’s all Arty,” I explained.

   “Then why did they call you last night, after they’d driven you home?” Artemis questioned.

   I sighed. “They just wanted to talk to me. They’re hunters too and information about the supernatural isn’t always easy to come by.”

   “Hunting for booty,” she sniffed.

   I shook my head. “Even if, I can defend myself against… a lowly booty hunter. That’s what we stand for and it would be silly if I couldn’t”

   Artemis huffed. “You’re meeting them aren’t you?” she questioned.

   “Yes but only one,” I told her. “So it’ll be half as easy to take him down and half as fun.”

   She gave me a half-hearted smile. “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

   “Are you kidding me Artemis,” I snorted. “You’re the one who told mom, then urged her to move us away from my ONE TRUE LOVE. She freaked, agreed to move and warded us so that he could never ever find us, so I’d never be happy.”

   “You shouldn’t have been in a relationship with one of His sons.”

   “All men are His and all I ever wanted was just one.”

   “He was bad for you, he made you do irrational things,” Artemis explained, we’d been over this several times for several years.

   “It’s not irrational to go see a movie,” I told her in amusement, she was so behind times and stubborn about it too.

   “It was a stupid chick flick movie that represses women,” Artemis told me.

   “It meant no harm.”

   “Anything can mean harm,” she spat.

   I glared at her. “Only if you allow it too and you know so much about that. Now go away!”

   She stuck her tongue out at me and stalked out the door. I shook my head and went over to my mirror. I pulled my wavy brown hair into a side braid and put on some shimmery pink eye shadow that complimented my brown eyes and slightly tanned skin.

   Then I walked to the garage and jumped onto my Harley, speeding out of there as fast as was safely possible, to make my way to Cano’s Coffee House.

   Once there I made my way inside, not seeing the Impala parked outside, I got a coffee and sat at an obvious but empty table. I was early but I didn’t care I wanted to get out of that house. Although it seemed Dean had the same idea for arriving early as well.