Chapter 7

Hi lovely Wattpaders! It's been a little while, eh? Well, I'm back now and hopefully I will stick with this for a while! :)

Enjoy! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben sat up sharply in bed. He was breathing heavily and there were remnants of tears on his cheeks. He had dreamt of the crash, of Hunter's mangled body. He missed him. He missed Olivia. She always knew what to do. She always had. Ben needed to feel close to her again. Ben got out of bed and put on some sweat pants and a cozy university sweatshirt. He grabbed Olivia's journal and his keys before going outside and starting his car.

Ben had memorized the drive to the cemetery within a week after his wife's funeral. As he pulled into the parking lot, Ben felt the tears coming again. He reached for the blanket he kept in the backseat before getting out of the car and making his way to Olivia's grave. He spread the blanket, sat down, and began to read.

Tuesday, May 21

Dear Journal,

My head hurt like crazy. I've never felt that kind of pain before! At least not for quite a while.

I woke up in a white room. My head throbbed and there was pressure on my hand. I slowly turned my head and saw Eleanor clutching my hand. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was very pale. My movement caught her attention.

"Livy!" my sister exclaimed, a smile coming to her face. "Oh my gosh! Mom! Dad!"

My parents came rushing into the room, each spewing questions about my state or if something was wrong. When my mom saw me awake, her face split into a grin.

"Oh, Olivia! You are okay!" She rushed to my side and enveloped me in a soft, motherly hug. I returned her hug the best I could.

"Hey bug!" my dad smiled at me. I smiled back weakly. He came to my side and stood beside my mother. He took my other hand and bent over to kiss the top of my head.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice as weak as my body.

"I came home from Courtney's and found you lying on the kitchen floor. I thought you were dead! I didn't know what to do. I called an ambulance and then Mom and Dad. I was so frightened Liv!" Eleanor spoke up. I squeezed her hand to comfort her. She squeezed back, bringing our hands to her cheek.

"Thanks, Elle." I smiled at her. She nodded.

"Excuse me, but Miss Thompson has a few visitors." a nurse popped her head in the door.

"Okay, thank you." my dad replied and the nurse disappeared again.

"That's probably Amy again. She has been in and out of here every hour or two since yesterday!" my mom laughed.

"We will see you later, sweetie." my dad said as he led my mom out of the room to send Amy in. I nodded.

Eleanor released my hand reluctantly and started to get up to follow our parents. I could tell she didn't want to leave. Finding your sister passed out on the floor can't be a good experience. I didn't want her to leave either, she is my hero. She always is. I quickly grabbed for her hand.

"Wait, Elle, stay here." I said. She turned to me and smiled before sitting back down again.

A couple seconds later, the door softly creaked open. I looked toward the white door and saw Amy. She looked relieved and a little stressed.

"Olivia!" she exclaimed, biting her lip. I smiled at her and she raced toward me. "You're alive!" Eleanor and I giggled at her comment.

"Well, of course I am." I replied. She rolled her eyes. "Get down here and give me a hug!" I told her.