Chapter 1

Y/n's POV:

I've always been nervous in joining a new highschool, but studying abroad in another country? This probably wasn't going to end well. My parents aren't even coming with me. I'm here in Tokyo, Japan all by myself when I don't even know the first thing about the Japanese language...except 'baka' but that's probably it. I mean, at least they paid for my flight and school to Japan, right? Wrong, they're the ones who told me to get a job to save up for a new school. When I asked where, they said Tokyo, Japan. When I asked WHY,  they said I had to learn to be "independent" but everyone knows that they just don't want me in their house. They're probably celebrating my leave by now.

The highschool said that I was going to get a dorm to stay in, but I was getting a roommate. I grumbled when I heard that. I'm not a very socializing person, you can say. I'm more on the introverted side. Well, it's not like I had a choice, it was either that or no shelter. I told them I would go to the dorms when I arrive in the city, because I need somewhere to stay before school starts, so that's what I did.

I finally arrived at Japan and got off the plane. I head towards the exit of the airport and pull out my phone, hoping to find a map to the school. The map was opened for one second before my phone went black. Crap, I forgot to charge my phone on the plane. I frustratingly stuff my device back into my pocket. Great, I get into Tokyo and I'm already lost. As I head towards the city, I gather up my courage to be a little extroverted and start asking if anyone knew where my highschool was. One problem, everyone around me didn't speak any English and I didn't know any Japanese!

"Um, excuse me? Hi, do you speak- Oh."

"Sorry to bother you but I'm lost...you don't speak English too huh?"

"Uh, hey-"

"Ma'am, do you-"

"Excuse me-"

By the time I asked at least fifteen people, I was exhausted. Not only from walking around, but also from talking to people because I was VERY scared of human interaction. The sun slowly began to set as thin, cirrus clouds haze through the sky. Swarms of orange, yellow, and pink drown above. What was I going to do when it was nighttime? I pace through the crowd, trying to see if I could find my school somewhere. I was starting to lose hope when-

"Ow!"

I thud onto the concrete floor, landing on my bottom with my luggage falling along with me, my backpack remained on my shoulders. I look up to find a boy with passionate blonde hair.

"Sorry," I mutter, doubting he would be able to understand me.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't watch where I was going," the blonde said, reaching out his hand to help me.

I grab his hand as he pulled me up. When I got up I noticed that he didn't look much older than me.

"It's okay, wait, did you just speak English?" I all of a sudden realized.

"Uh yeah, I just thought-"

"YESSS!!!! I mean-" I cleared my throat, "I have been searching everywhere for someone who speaks English. Do you know where Hunter x Hunter High School is?"

(A/n: I honestly didn't know what else to name the school lol pls excuse the cringeyness)

"Yes, I know where it is, but I don't know the directions to it from here...sorry about that," the blonde apologized.

I groaned, "Just my luck..."

"Oh wait, I can just use my phone. One second..."

He pulled out his phone and used Google Maps to search the directions. I sighed with relief, grateful that I wouldn't have to sleep on a bench at night.