Chapter 3

Previously...
After finishing homework, we decide to read some books because why not. I go into a manga section in the library and pick a Demon Slayer manga. I find Kurapika reading by himself, assuming that the others were still finding their books. I take my seat next to him and start reading the manga. My eyes slowly start to flutter out of exhaustion. My vision blurs as I close my eyes and doze off...

Y/n's POV:

My head leans on something soft...comfy...I snuggle closer into this pillow-like object. I don't want to wake up from this...am I in bed? Did school start yet? I don't care, I want to sleep forever...

My eyes start to open while I was still leaning onto a shoulder...wait a second, a shoulder? I was wide awake now while my eyes scatter around the room of what was happening. That was when it hit me. I slowly shift my head up when I come face-to-face to none other than Kurapika. His face was flushed up with a crazy shade of red as he stared right back at me, not even a blink coming in sight. I gulp hard and quickly take my head off his shoulder, looking away to hide my blush.

I hear two very annoying people snickering in front of me. Killua and Leorio.

"Aww when's the wedding?" Killua giggles.

"Don't forget to make me your best man, Kurapika!" Leorio teases.

"Uhh what's happening?" Gon asks, confused, "Why are both Kurapika and Y/n's faces so red after Y/n slept on Kurapika's shoulder? Me and Killua sleep on each other's shoulders all the time!"

"Well you see here..." Leorio banters, "Y/n and Kurapika are going to get married soon~"

"Married?" Gon repeats, "Aren't they a little too young though? But if you two are getting married, I can be the ring bearer!"

"Leorio..." Kurapika's eye twitches while he's still blushing, "shut the fuck up."

Leorio rolls his eyes, "You still didn't tell us when the wedding is."

I'm still sitting there, blushing furiously while trying to comprehend what just happened. Kurapika continues arguing with Leorio (whispering of course so they don't get kicked out) and after a few minutes, he stands up abruptly.

"Let's go, Y/n," Kurapika says as he scowls at Leorio.

Kurapika grabs my hand and pulls me out of my seat. He drags me outside and we stop at the corner of the library building. He sighs with relief while I still feel incredibly embarrassed.

"I am SUPER DUPER sorry about sleeping on your shoulder. It was a long day, school you know? It was nervous blah blah blah and I was extremely nervous, things happened. Haha yeah uh-" I ramble.

Kurapika interrupts, "It's fine, you were just tired."

He looks away, blushing and murmurs, "I kind of enjoyed that..."

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing."

An awkward silence loiters between us before Kurapika says, "I'll see at school tomorrow?"

"Sure, but what about Leorio, Killua, and Gon?"

"I'll just text them that we left. It'll be fine."

"Okay then, bye."

Kurapika and I wave to each other before sauntering off. My heart doesn't stop racing from the whole "shoulder" incident. Luckily, my face stops being red but my mind is swarming with thoughts like crazy. It was like a rollercoaster, spinning and spinning and spinning, drowning my brain with endless worries that all led to a disastrous outcome. And yes, I'm terrified of rollercoasters. What did this all mean...? I was probably embarrassed that's all...

Kurapika's POV:

After Y/n turns away and leaves, I attempt to do the same, except...I can't. I gaze at her as each of her footsteps turn into music in my head. She was really beautiful...I could watch her all day...
My heart was pumping crazily now. I grab onto my chest to stop the pumping, but it kept going and going until basically the whole world could hear. I stared at Y/n until she made a right turn on the block and disappeared. Disappointed of her leaving, I send a text to Leorio, telling him that Y/n and I are leaving.

                                                                                                       Armin Arlert's twin

                                                                              y/n and I are leaving now byeee

Lays and oreos addict

can i be your guy's 3rd wheel in your date🥺

                                                                                                     Armin Arlert's twin

                                                                                                              bro shut up -_-

I sigh and put my phone away. That damn Leorio just won't stop, but...was he right? I just met Y/n, I couldn't feel that way about her just yet. But...do I like her more as a friend?

....

(A/n: sorry i made this chapter short! i just felt like ending the chapter like this T T)