Chapter 43

Arlo pulled away quickly.
"What for?" Arlo mumbled in question. Jackson leaned back in his chair.
"Well, for healing me of course." Jackson said. Arlo looked away again.
"How do you know I-" Arlo started but then he went silent when he felt Jackson's hand touch his chin. Jackson slowly pulled Arlo's chin so that Arlo would face Jackson. He blushed. Jackson smiled.
"I know you did." Jackson said. Arlo trembled.
"L-Let me go." Arlo muttered. Jackson nodded and let go of Arlo's chin. Arlo turned away quickly.
"Thank you." Jackson said. Arlo nodded slowly. Jackson stood up.
"You gonna root for me?" Jackson asked. Arlo scoffed. Jackson chuckled.
"I'll take that as a yes." Jackson said, before he walked over to Piper. Arlo leaned on his hand and frowned. He sighed and closed his eyes.
"Damnit..." Arlo muttered.
"Jackson and Jewel." Yimo said. Jewel and Jackson walked over to the fighting area. Jewel looked blood thirsty. She seemed angered. Everyone watched closely. Especially Arlo. Jewel and Jackson got in stance.
"Go." Yimo said slowly. Jewel attacked first. She didn't wait one little moment. She punched Jackson in the jaw. Jackson stumbled backwards.
"You hurt Piper." Jewel said, quickly backslapping Jackson's face. Jackson held his stance and hit Jewel in the shoulder.
"It was a fight." Jackson said. Jewel laughed.
"Still. I don't give a fuck." Jewel said strictly, moving forward. She kicked Jackson's leg and Jackson started to fall to the ground. She went to kick Jackson again as he fell but instead, Jackson grabbed Jewel's leg and pulled her to the floor. Jewel fell to the floor.
"You got a short temper don't you." Jackson muttered, standing back up. Jewel grew angry.
"What?!" Jewel screamed as she got back up to her feet. But right as she got to her feet, Jackson made her fall back down to the ground. Jewel looked at Jackson.
"You did worse to Ryke then I did to Piper." Jackson said. Jewel stood up.
"Piper is my beloved." Jewel said strictly. Jackson smiled.
"That doesn't justify for your actions." Jackson said strictly. Jewel grew angry again. She went to hit Jackson but Jackson ducked. She quickly kicked Jackson in the stomach before Jackson could react. Jackson fell to the ground and went to stand up again. But then Jewel kicked Jackson in the face, extremely hard. That made Jackson grow dizzy a little. Arlo flinched.
"You seem to speak of untrue things." Jewel said strictly, kicking Jackson in the waist. Jackson felt a large stinging pain but he started to get back up.
"You mean true things. Because everything... everything I've said, it true." Jackson said slowly. Jewel's eyes widened and she quickly got to the ground. She grabbed Jackson's hair, lifting his head, and slammed it back on the ground several times. Arlo turned to Zane quickly. Zane was about to speak but then Jackson lifted his legs. He quickly kicked Jewel away from him. Jewel fell down and hit her head a little. Jackson sat up a little and rubbed his head in pain. He squeezed his eyes shut in pain. Jewel grew very mad. She was about to stand up but then she felt something next to her hand. She glanced down and saw all the weapons. She smiled and picked up her knives. She stood up and looked at Jackson. Jackson opened his eyes and looked at Jewel. His eyes widened and he started to scoot back.
"Wait—" Jackson muttered. Everyone looked at Jewel. Piper's eyes widened.
"JEWEL! PUT THEM DOWN!" Piper yelled. Zane, Yimo, and Quin looked at Jewel.
"JEWEL! DON'T!" Zane yelled. Piper, Atlas and Justin rushed over to stop Jewel. But then Jewel ran quickly towards Jackson. Jackson felt frightened and looked away quickly. Jewel jumped and aimed the knives at Jackson. Arlo stood up quickly.
"NO!" Arlo yelled, holding his hands out. And then there was silence. Jackson didn't feel anything. He opened his eyes and slowly turned to where a jewel was. Then he froze. He looked at Jewel. Jewel was frozen still and floating in the air. She wasn't able to move. Piper, Justin, and Atlas looked at Jewel then they turned to Arlo. Jackson turned to Arlo as well. Arlo was breathing hardly as if it was a lot of energy to do what he's doing. He was holding his hands out and standing worriedly. Piper turned to Zane and rushed to him.
"Zane, please. She didn't mean it." Piper pleaded, getting on her knees. Zane looked at Piper.
"She almost killed someone." Zane said.
"She almost kills me all the time! She just gets upset over small things. She's working on her anger, Uncle. Please. Please don't punish her." Piper pleaded. Though Jewel was frozen, she could still see and hear everything. As well as still breath. Zane looked at Piper then to Jewel. Jackson backed up from Jewel slowly and went to stand up. He got to his feet and felt a pain in his waist from when Jewel kicked him. He squeezed his eyes shut and took a breathe in. Zane sighed and crossed his arms.
"She will be punished. But she will still continue training. And Jewel did win. Arlo, can you move Jewel to the weight room? I can talk to her privately there." Zane asked as he explained the situation. Piper frowned. Arlo stared at Jackson for a long moment then he snapped his fingers. And Jewel was gone. Jackson looked at Arlo. Zane turned to Yimo and Quin then he left to go see Jewel. Piper followed. Toby and Mateo walked over to Jackson quickly. Toby looked at Jackson's head.
"She slammed your head against the floor really hard. You are bleeding." Toby said worriedly. Jackson rubbed his head and he pulled his hand away. He looked at the blood on his hand.
"I'm sure I'll be fine. I've had worse." Jackson said. Yimo and Quin walked over to Jackson and Mateo. Toby looked at Yimo and Quin.
"Jackson, Mateo." Yimo said. Jackson rubbed his waist and looked at Yimo and Quin. Mateo did as well.
"Yes sir?" Jackson and Mateo questioned in response.
"You two are gonna train to be shadow guards now." Yimo said. Mateo and Jackson's jaw dropped. Toby smiled.
"Mateo! You are gonna be a shadow guard!" Toby squealed. Jackson looked at Yimo and Quin then he looked down.
"Are we excused sir?" Luna asked. Yimo shook his head no.
"Ryke, Yizen, Mateo, and Duke! You guys have 2000 push-ups to do. Piper and Luna, you two have 3000 push-ups to do! And Jackson. 4000." Yimo yelled out. All of them complained. But not Jackson. He had no energy to complain, let alone do the push-ups at all. But he did them anyways. And everyone else too. Arlo watched Jackson push through the long and difficult pushups since he was injured in three spots. After awhile, everyone except Mateo, Duke, Luna, and Jackson had finished their push-ups. Mateo had finished his push-ups awhile ago but he wanted Jackson to finish before him so that Jackson's mental health stayed keen. And he made this aware to Toby and Arlo. Luna finished and got to her feet.
"Finished!" Luna cheered before she rushed off. The training room was pretty silent, seeing how it was only Mateo, Toby, Arlo, Duke, Ramon, and Jackson in there. When Duke finished, he slid to Jackson.
"What are you at?" Duke asked. Jackson stopped for a second and closed his eyes.
"3989." Jackson said. Duke smiled.
"So close. You can do it." Duke cheered. Ramon got down next to Duke and they waited for Jackson to finish. And he finally did. He stood up immediately after he finished. Mateo smiled and did two more.
"I just finished too!" Mateo cheered, walking over to Jackson. Jackson looked at Mateo.
"You bozo. You only had 2000 and you aren't hurt. I'm here after doing 4000 while injured and going slow. You think I wouldn't realize. You probably did near 6000." Jackson explained, knocking on Mateo's head. Mateo smiled.
"Ok, you got me." Mateo said. Jackson held his side in pain as he chuckled. Arlo stared right at Jackson. He hadn't taken his eyes off him. Toby pat Jackson's head.
"If you need anything, you know where we are." Toby said. Jackson nodded. Then Mateo and Toby started to leave. But they stopped when they realized Arlo wasn't following them. They turned to Arlo.
"Arlo?" Toby questioned. Jackson, Duke, and Ramon looked at Arlo. Arlo flinched and turned to Toby and Mateo. He quickly began to follow them. Jackson watched Arlo leave then he sighed.
"Are you sure you don't wanna come to dinner?" Ramon asked, touching Jackson's shoulder.
"Yeah. It's your guys's anniversary. You both have to be in each others company and enjoy yourselves. I can round up some food for me and Jaqu." Jackson spoke. Duke and Ramon nodded then they left. Jackson made his way towards the exit. He pushed the door opened then stopped. I'm front of him, Arlo was leaning against the wall. Arlo quickly stood up straight and looked at Jackson. Jackson smiled and walked towards Arlo.
"You helped me twice." Jackson said. Arlo glanced down at the ground.
"I did." Arlo mumbled. Jackson turned towards the hallway.
"You have something to say?" Jackson asked as he started walking. Arlo looked at Jackson then walked alongside him.
"Who said that I have something to say?" Arlo asked, crossing his arms as he walked.
"You waited till I was alone. And you are following me now." Jackson said. Arlo frowned.
"I wanted to make sure you were ok." Arlo mumbled nervously. Jackson stopped walking and turned to Arlo. Arlo stopped and looked at Jackson nervously.
"You helped me and then saved me. Let me take you on a date to show my gratitude." Jackson said, taking Arlo's hand. Arlo looked at Jackson. Jackson waited for an answer. Arlo went to speak then he looked down.
"I can't." Arlo muttered.
"Because of your father?" Jackson asked. Arlo flinched and quickly looked up at Jackson. Jackson touched Arlo's chin.
"Will he know?" Jackson asked. Arlo looked at Jackson worriedly.
"Yes." Arlo said. Jackson flinched at the way Arlo answered him.
"That's not possible if we keep it a secret." Jackson said reassuringly.
"He will know. He probably knows now. You could say... he is the castle, Jackson." Arlo said. Jackson frowned. Arlo looked down and he took Jackson's hand again.
"Thank you though. It's nice to know someone is willing." Arlo said. Jackson looked at Arlo.
"He can't control your life." Jackson said.
"Uh, yes. Yes he can." Arlo said.
"No Arlo. No he can't. Have dinner with me tomorrow night. I'll wait for you at the front door." Jackson said. Arlo looked at Jackson and frowned. He touched Jackson's palm and then Jackson felt better right away. Jackson flinched and he felt perfectly fine. He lifted his shirt a little and he saw no bruise anymore. He glanced up at Arlo. Arlo frowned and turned away.
"I-" Arlo started.
"If you really wanna, then come." Jackson said. Arlo sighed and nodded slowly. Jackson smiled and took Arlo's hand again.
"Thank you." Jackson said. Arlo went to look at Jackson but then Jackson leaned forward and kissed Arlo's hand romantically. Arlo went red and he pulled his hand away.
"Don't do that." Arlo complained. Jackson crossed his arms. Arlo looked at Jackson then he looked down. Then he just left. Jackson watched Arlo leave. He smiled and turned around. That's when he froze. Micheal was down the hall staring at him. Jackson backed up two steps. He blinked and when his eyes opened, Micheal was in front of him. Jackson flinched and backed up quickly.
"I'm glad Arlo can listen to me sometimes." Micheal said. Jackson frowned. Micheal crossed his arms.
"Walk." Micheal said as he turned around and started walking. Jackson walked with Micheal slowly.
"My son has something wrong inside his head. Some call it pride but I call it a screw loose. He can't control his emotions or his actions. Yet, I believed that if he were to learn magical properties, maybe it could help with his... disability. I was wrong. It worsened it. And now, I believe that Arlo could be on the verge of losing his mind." Micheal explained thoroughly deeply. Jackson looked at Micheal in shock.
"And with losing his mind means losing control. And losing control of the magical abilities that I taught him could mean catastrophic danger and destruction. And no one wants that. He's very smart and very strong. Which only frightens me more." Micheal added strictly. He stopped when he finished speaking. Jackson stared at Micheal.
"And why are you telling me this?" Jackson asked. Micheal glanced at Jackson. And Jackson could almost feel a real sense of pain burning him.
"Because, I can feel that you have either deep admiration or deep feelings of love for my son." Micheal explained. Jackson thought about it.
"Both." Jackson said. Micheal turned to face Jackson.
"And I can't have that. In the place that Arlo is now, his mind is fragile. To put him in a situation of feelings that he's never felt before... I don't know what could happen. You can't love him. So don't. Not to hurt him, but to save him." Micheal explained strictly. Jackson looked straight into Micheal's eyes.
"You can't control him. To control himself, he has to learn. You don't have any clue what could happen if I give Arlo the affection of my love." Jackson said strictly. Micheal grew irritated a little.
"You've seen Arlo's little tricks. Well, replicate all of his tricks by trillions and you'll have an idea of what I can do. I can bring back every little pain you ever had in your life with just a snap of my finger. Or I can even erase you so that no one will ever remember you? Yet you still dare to talk back?" Micheal questioned strictly with two serious threats. Jackson stared at Micheal in disbelief then he just took a deep breathe in. He crossed his arms.
I do. And as you have it...Well, have you ever stopped to think that love and affection could help him control his emotions and actions?" Jackson asked curiously in confidence. Micheal flinched a little.
"Of course not. Because all I can think, is what would happen if it just worsened it?" Micheal answered strictly. Jackson scoffed.
"You yourself just said... you are much, much more powerful then Arlo. You could stop him." Jackson said nicely. Micheal stared at Jackson. Jackson smiled and turned away.
"Now... Sir Mel. I must inform you, I will not stop giving your son affection. Good day." Jackson said nicely before he just walked away. Micheal stood there in shock. Gem came out of nowhere and stood to Micheal's side, also watching Jackson leave.
"He's sweet." Gem said.
"He's cocky." Micheal said. Gem turned to Micheal.
"Just because he was confident enough to stand up to your threats?"  Gem asked curiously.
"That he can assume greatness instead of downfalls." Micheal said strictly. Gem shrugged.
"What if he's right?" Gem asked. Micheal turned to Gem.
"I saw the future Gem. It's not good." Micheal said.
"You gonna tell him not to go?" Gem asked.
"Do I have too?" Micheal asked curiously, turning towards the direction that Arlo left. Gem turned down the hall and saw what Micheal was talking about.
"Arlo, go to your room." Micheal demanded. And then there were footsteps that left. Arlo was behind the wall and he heard everything. And he was sad as he walked back towards your room. But then he stopped. He turned back a little then forward. Instead of heading to his bedroom, he went to Micheal and Mary's bedroom. Mary was in a chair next to the window. She was thinking but not only that, she was making the world a better place just by where she sat.
   If it was t clear before, Mary is an enchantress. She was born on an island miles off the southwest shore of  the Demon Realm. There were billions of islands out there. When she grew older, her parents taught her about her enchanting powers. What she was capable of doing. And when she was 12, she set off on a ship with her parents and some other people to the Demon realm. They were gonna travel the world. But instead, a storm came and sank the ship. Everyone drowning except for Mary. Mary had swam to pieces of the ship and then she passed out. When she woke up, she found herself in a warm bed in a home that was full of odd items and viles. A young boy walked in with a tray of food then stopped when he saw Mary awake. He smiled and walked over to her.
"You're awake!" The boy told her. Mary looked at the boy.
"I am." Mary said. The boy smiled and set the tray down.
"My name is Micheal Mel! I found you washed up on the beach and brought you to my home." The bly Micheal had cheered. Mary frowned.
"Washed up... right." Mary mumbled. Micheal frowned.
"What's wrong?" Micheal asked. Mary turned to Micheal.
"My family and I... we were gonna travel the world. The first night we died." Mary said. Micheal grew wary of the situation now.
"I'm so sorry." Micheal said. Mary looked up at Micheal.
"I'm Mary VcMaidrianta." Mary introduced. Micheal blinked.
"Uhhh, lemme just call you Mary Maid. That's a very peculiar last name." Micheal said. Mary smiled.
"That's fine." Mary said. Micheal smiled.
"So, where are we?" Mary asked. Micheal stood up.
"We are on Mystic Island! About 100 miles from the realm of Elves." Micheal said happily. Mary stood up and looked at Micheal.
"How old are you?" Mary asked. Micheal looked at Mary.
"I am 15." Micheal said. Mary giggled.
"You are old." Mary teased. Micheal laughed. And that's how Mary and Micheal met. They became great friends and explored the island together all the time. At one point, Micheal showed Mary the magical properties that he learned from his fathers, Vin and Lucious. Mary was amazed and though Micheal was almost frightened by what Mary would think, that was when Mary told him that she was an enchantress. And enchantress can cast curses which can benefit something but there will always be a negative effect from it. As an example, if she gave a from a voice, a being would die. Mary and Micheal grew up together and when Mary turned 15, Micheal and her decided to date each other. They grew in love and married when Mary turned 16. They were happy until one day, an innocent accident happened. A drunk man walked passed the home and he had a cigarette and a beer bottle. He was walking wobbly when he decided to just pour beer out of the bottle all over the side of the house. He sucked in a little bit more of the cigarette then tossed it onto the caught. The small ash caught fire from the beer and started to burn the house. The flames began to engulf the house. It was to late to leave when the four members in the house realized the house was burning. And the smoke made it incredibly hard for Micheal or his fathers to harvest energy to put the fire out. So instead, Micheal hugged Mary in fear. And Vin and Lucious stayed near them. Mary watched the flames close in and then she closed her eyes.
"Listen to my voice Micheal." Mary said softly. Micheal turned to Mary quickly.
"What?" Micheal questioned. Then she mumbled words not of the understandable language. Vin and Lucious looked at Mary quickly. And then, the fire went out immediately. The family of three quickly looked around. Then they looked at Mary. Mary opened her eyes slowly and she smiled.
"Did you do that?" Micheal asked happily. Mary went to speak but then nothing came out. And then Micheal realized.
"No- your—" Micheal started. Mary smiled and sighed. She nodded her head. Vin and Lucious looked at Mary in shock. Mary closed her eyes and had to lock into her mind to find out what her curse was. She froze and opened her eyes. He held her chest where her heart was and she frowned.
   Eventually, she would tell Micheal the curse. It was that to put out the fire, she had to lose her voice. And to break the curse, her lover would have to die and she'd get her voice back. Micheal would have to die to get Mary's voice back.