Morning Texts

Anastasia

Crying in the bathroom after sleeping together for the first time was not how I saw any of my night going when I left class. It was unexpected, but I was overcome with desire for him, sitting in my chair, his legs set wide and his hockey flow sweeping around his handsome face. His eyes with that death stare... and then his words.

I didn't know you could exist.

I don't want anyone else, Stasia...how the fuck could I?

He got to the centre of me so easily, like he was made to want me, and I was made to want him. There was no question I believed him. There was no question I had to have him in that moment.

What can I do to help?

Can you believe this guy? Where the fuck did he come from? That question just broke me, and I knew he was confused at my tears, but I wasn't. I'd always wanted Dom to ask me that, to need to fix what was wrong, to figure out what he had to do to make things better and then do them. It was more of what I dreamed of and it scared the absolute fuck out of me. Shit, I was an emotional wreck.

Then he watched me shower, towel around his waist, pushing his hair back and admiring me like I was all his fantasies come to life.

A few days later was his next game and I wasn't nervous because I knew his sights were set. He was scoring a goal, and he was making me his girlfriend, I had no doubt about it.

I didn't have class that day, but I'd woken up early just out of habit. I sat up in my bed, cuddled into my pillows and blankets and reached for my phone. He texted me every morning, but it never said good morning. He always said something out of the blue, and I fucking loved it. Something about good morning texts was so boring, and he always gave me something to work with. The guy was charismatic. I couldn't help smile as I reached for my phone and saw his name. Consistent.

Chris: im eating avocado toast like a bougie ass bitch. come have breakfast w me

That was an hour ago. Whoops.

Anastasia: sounds fkn bangin

I held my phone in my hand and waited. The bubbles popped up almost immediately.

Chris: wouldve been way more bangin if u were there

Chris: then we couldve actually been bangin after

I shook my head as I pushed down a smile.

Anastasia: no flirting

Chris: we talked about this. im done w that bet. im gunna flirt w u forever now

I broke and laughed right at my phone. Fuck he was so cute.

Anastasia: you're relentless

Chris: and ur fine as hell

I smiled at my phone as I thought of what to say, but he beat me to it.

Chris: u coming to my game?

Anastasia: i'm thinking about it

Chris: whats there to think about

Chris: ur coming and im scoring that goal babe

Anastasia: yeah you better

Chris: yeah so ur coming. i want u to see it all in real time

I bit my nail as I smiled. God his grammar was fucking awful, but I couldn't care less. I inwardly cringed at being such a teenager in that moment but you know what...whatever. There was just something about him never letting my attitude stop him that I couldn't resist. I leaned into it.

Anastasia: i want you to see me coming in real time

My stomach plummeted as I clicked send on my risky text and pulled my blanket up to my face as I waited for his answer. It was quiet for a minute and I started to panic. I put my phone on my nightstand face up and started making my bed. I was literally panic cleaning and I kept my eyes on my phone the entire time. Right when I finished making it, my phone lit up. I threw myself onto my perfectly made bed and reached for my phone.

Chris: holy fuck yes

I literally laughed out loud, rolling onto my back and holding my phone above my face.

Chris: im coming over

Anastasia: like hell you are, get ready for your game

Chris: ill play better if i see u

Anastasia: no you'll play better if you know you're gunna see me after

Chris: fuck

Chris: thats actually true. i hate when u make good points

Anastasia: i know, is there anything i can't do?

Chris: beat me in pong

Anastasia: woooooowwwwwww

Chris: lmaooo

Anastasia: watch me kick your ass next time

Chris: oh absolutely not, ur gunna be on my team next time

I rolled onto my side and smiled into the blanket as I started typing my reply.

Chris: k i gotta go babe sorry, team meeting before the game

I erased my reply as my heart sank, but I understood. The game's got priority and we both got that.

Anastasia: kill em babe

Chris: always ❤️

Anastasia: 😘

I put my phone back on my nightstand, rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling. Fuck, I was so into him.