Chapter Nine

Before I could even process what was happening my feet started running. Not away but to the vampire. I pushed him and he went flying into a wall. I took that as my chance to look at the woman. She would have been beautiful if her face wasn't as pale as chalk, and her eyes as hollow as a ditch.

I looked her in the eyes and said "Miss are you all right?" She nodded right to left, then she started to cry.

"Okay, I want you to run away and go to a local hospital." She stared at me with terrified eyes, poor thing.

"Please miss" I begged. With that she took off running.

Phew, thank god she's not-"

I was knocked into the wall behind me.

"Who do you think you are girl" I looked up at the guy and he seemed to realize I was no ordinary girl.

"So your a vampire, huh. Don't you know the rules? You don't interrupt a vamp when he's eating."

"You didn't look like you were eating. You were killing her!" He smirked. He moved his hand to my cheek. He started to gently stroke it. I hadn't realized until now that his body was so close to mine.

"Get off-" he crashed his lips onto mine. He started to roughly push his tounge down my throat, but I pushed him before he could succeed.

"What are you doing." I screamed.

""Kissing a beautiful girl. Is that a crime?" He started to move towards me again.

"I'm married!" I blurted out.

"Then I guess I'm going to have to change that."

Who does this guy think he is. He started to lean in again but I said "I'm married to the prince, and if he finds out you've been kissing me he'll kill you." That sure stopped him in his tracks. His face looked angry and disgusted.

"Don't ever speak of him again" he spat.

"Excuse me, and why not?"

"Because he's my brother and I hate him. That's why." I just stared. Only now do I see the resemblance. He had the same golden eyes. Their posture was the same. He had the same beautiful sexy muscles. The only thing different was that he had brown hair.

When I finally looked back up to his face, he was smirking. He must have noticed me checking him out. I blushed.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Christian Balcescu, and yours?"

"Its Rose" I said.

"Rose what?" He gave me a questioning look.

"Mc Hale"

"What happened to the last name?" I didn't know if I should tell him that I ran out on his brother but-

"You ran out on him, didn't you."

"How do you know that?" I looked at him shocked.

"I can pick up what your thinking."

"Wow that's-" I couldn't even finish because I started to feel dizzy. I started to fall, but two hands caught me.

"Have you eaten?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had a few milk shakes-"

"No I mean blood"

"No, why?" He mumbled a few curses under his breath.

"When did he change you?" He asked.

"About a week ago."

"Jesus! And he calls you his wife. Didn't he tell you that you would die without it?"

"Yeah but-" I could finish because I started to see black dots.

"Shit, your going to pass out. Rose I need you to drink some of my blood."

"No! I'm not ready." I said panting.

"Rose your going to have to be ready now, or you'll die." He looked at me with the same intensity as Jace. He didn't wait for my reply. He bit his hand, and blood started to seep out bit by bit. It smelled so good, but I can't drink blood. If I do then I'd really be a monster.

"Stop being stupid and drink" he said.

"Don't call me stupid-" he stuck his hand on my mouth and it was like my instincts took over. I felt a pain erupt from my mouth and realized it was my fangs.

I started to drink, it tasted so lovely. I took his hand and pushed it closer to my lips.

"Alright that's enough. You might drain me if you take that much." He dragged his hand away from my mouth. I wanted more!

"Don't worry the blood lust will go away. You just need to learn some self-control." Blood lust? What if I can't control it and I start killing people.

"You won't, I'll personally make sure of it." He winked at me. Ugh, what a flirt. I stood up and dusted myself off. I looked up and caught him staring at me.

"So why are you really out here?" He asked.

"Oh ahm... I got lost on my way to my friend's house." I lied.

"Stop the bullshit. Your looking for someone." I sighed, him and his stupid power.

"I'm looking for a vampire, but I'm not telling you who or why." With that I walked off, but was pulled back and slammed into the wall. He smashed his body to mine. He put his face next to my ear and whispered, "What if I say I can help you."

I tried to push him away, but his body was like an iron wall.

"I don't need your help!" I said while looking away.

"Yes you do because one, you don't know how to control your powers and two, you won't find your guy around here. That's for damn sure." I stared at him. Of course he would know all of that I thought sarcastically. But he is right. I sighed.

"Fine, but you can't get all touchy-feely with me when were alone."

"I can't promise you anything" he planted a kiss on my cheek then got off me and walked off.

"Come on princess, let's go find your vampire."