CHAPT. 8: FIRST IMPRESSIONS?

The muffled step of heavy paws left deep prints in the soil as he trotted down the side of the road. Pockets of sunlight dotted the small clumps of green and yellow grass as they swayed gently in the cool breeze.

He paused at the road's shoulder, ears perked up at the sound of another vehicle, before he stepped to the side and let it pass him by. This one was an odd gradient of dark blue—much different than the common lot of silver or white vehicles that seemed to be everywhere.

 This one was an odd gradient of dark blue—much different than the common lot of silver or white vehicles that seemed to be everywhere

At first he hadn't payed any attention to the strange transports that whizzed past him, but now they were somewhat of a fascination. Heck, he had even seen one that was the most unnatural shade of bright pink imaginable. They seemed to be all different shapes and colors, with no set of uniformity between them at all. That was, besides the fact that they had four wheels. Mostly?

So why bother to manufacture them all differently? Didn't they all serve the same purpose if they used the same road? From what he had seen from this species 'culture', they were somewhere between a curious oddity and a very large danger to him. Unfortunately, that fact didn't curb his interest in answers!

Of course he still had the advantage if he wanted to explore; no one could see him. He still felt the need for invisibility at all times, especially after the whole fiasco earlier that week... which meant it might still be too soon to do any serious reconnaissance.

But chaotic events aside, he felt... almost cheerful. There's something healing about exploring in the early morning sun. And now here he was—stranded on the forest floor of an off grid planet—yet free to go wherever he pleased.

With the boxy curve of his visor and the injuries from the crash somewhat healed, he could finally run again

With the boxy curve of his visor and the injuries from the crash somewhat healed, he could finally run again. At the moment, the wandering protogen was off on his own little quest: knowledge and batteries.

Two days ago after his narrow escape with the locals, his data pad had picked up a strange frequency. It wasn't much, and the signal seemed to be weak enough to only reach the surrounding mountain tops, but it did give him a direction to travel. Most importantly, it gave him a reason to push forward.