A suggestion

Polite greetings sounded from the door as Holly spoke with (I assume) the postman. After a moment, the door shut, and the noise of chains being slid across it sounded down to the kitchen. After a moment, Holly poked her head around the entrance to this room, a mischievous smirk playing at the corners of her mouth.

At this point, I was studiously eating my jam on toast, Lockwood was re-reading an article from yesterday's paper, and George, true to fashion, was doodling something on the thinking cloth that would put even the foulest raw-bones off it's egg and soldiers. Quill, sat beside him, wasn't especially pleased either.
Lockwood folded the article carefully and set it to one side. "Anything interesting?"

"Just the bills and the paper..."

He sighed. "Pass them over then."

"... And..."

Four inquisitive pairs of eyes turned to the door. All blinked slowly in unison. Eventually, Lockwood spoke the one thought that had been floating around all of our minds, as if we were four parts of one person and he's the one with control over our mouth.

"'And' what?"

Now, the smirk blossomed into an impeccable grin.

"A letter. I won't read it. It's a family thing, and I'm not entirely certain why it was sent here instead of to my flat. Maybe so I had no choice but to bring it up to you guys."

She looked around, her grin now bearing a likeness to the light let through a slit in a blind. Again, four faces, four gazes, were fixed upon every movement, every sound.

"Now tell me... when was the last time any of you went to the beach?"

_______
Hi! This is my first time ever posting fanfiction, and I know this chapter is short, but I wanted to have something posted. I hope you like my story and my style!