Pt 4

Wednesday, July 19th came upon Joy quickly as she had a few days off from caregiving for her mother who needed her attention a lot. Having a four-day weekend meant a lot to Joy considering her stress levels were off the charts the past few days. With a deep sigh of relief, Joy checked the time wondering what she could do to occupy every single minute of the day eventually finding something considering she was so occupied with her mom. With it being a not-so-hot or mild day she grabbed her lawn chair sitting on the back porch absorbing in some sun relaxing breathing in fresh breaths of life. Out on the back porch Joy looked around watching the birds ravaging through the yard searching for food to begin flying all around landing in close range to Joy as she enjoyed bird watching.

Joy pulled out her phone to capture some of the surrounding sounds of God's beautiful creation in videos to send to a few people inside and outside her friend group who loved nature's sounds. Upon resting outside Joy found that time to be super beneficial towards her mental health by relieving the cares of the world from her shoulders.  Texting the videos over to the group quickly without any care in the world going about with her business getting no responses from anything knowing everyone was busy. Amid bird-watching Joy got a wild idea to check cheap nearby spas with good reviews for some self-care knowing she had earned it and she was not going to let anything stop her. Quickly seeing the reviews of how everyone loved the spa she booked a reservation on Thursday, July 20th. Joy got up before her normal time to avoid the morning traffic stopping by Starbucks on the way to get some coffee due to the coffee machine in her house was down.  Joy is so eager for a new experience she jammed out hardly on her journey going three towns away from her house and getting there super early morning even before her appointment as it was now the 20th. Joy had been longing for a while now overly excited to have time to be by herself with no one needing her it was a great feeling to her. Joy pulled up into the parking lot clutching her possessions leading the way into the place of business staying there for a few hours getting the best treatments including friendly caring people who did excellent with what their profession had offered while each of the staff dealing with her listened to her desires ensuring that all of her needs were met.  Every single customer had the Royal treatment, friendly service, discounts for being a member and whatever else that could attract more people to their franchise. Considering spas and other frivolous places were shut down in 2020 there other local businesses like them plummeted for two years due to the Virus. With every customer who came in it meant a lot like gold to Cucumber Spa. The word got out quickly enough to fill up the chairs in the lobby as custom sets waited for their spots in line.

After the spa day was done it was now supper time so looking up restaurants within the area would be a nice drive which didn't bother Joy one bit as it was completely her mini vacation in a sense. Driving 15 minutes down the road to a Korean restaurant lit Joy up seeing how she hadn't had Korean food in a long time which meant she would be able to have more memories stored in her memory bank. Without any hesitation, Joy pulled into the parking lot finding a space parallel parking without a problem seeing how it was her father who taught her how to judge the distance, perceptions and whatever else needed. Getting situated in the space Joy only took in her wallet, phone and car keys and locked the door waiting on a waiter seeing how busy the place is which means good service, and good food. Smelling the food made Joy, even more, hungrier than what she already was anticipating the moment she'd be seated to eat. Joy knew it would be a while considering the amount of room the Cecil Golden Pig had so she took a seat scrolling through Instagram finding reels to occupy her time. Approximately 15 minutes passed by before Joy had got a table to sit at. This felt nice as she didn't need to be cramped or share a booth or table with anyone Joy stretched her legs out having a sense of freedom being all alone to enjoy her own company. Taking a brief look at the menu ordering a water with Kimbap, Kimchi, Korean fried chicken, tteokbokki and Bibimbap being able to score a good deal impressing the Koreans with her Korean heritage. The sweet waiter took Joy's order back which meant Joy had more time to check through her messages seeing a response from Amber as she privately messaged Joy wanting to know if they could hang out after work on the 22nd at 22:30. Joy wasn't doing much of anything on that day considering her four-day break was coming to a close after Sunday night. So of course Joy wasn't about to waste a single bit of her time as all time is precious to everyone.