2: Night-Blooming Jasmine

Zhan lived away the days and years after his parents' death. The boy survived, standing tall and trampling everything and everyone that comes his way.

At ten, it couldn't be denied that he was a rare dominant alpha but also an exceptional genius. He struck down all the vultures wanting to take over his parents' enterprise. At fourteen, he was already the acting CEO of their company in China. A year later, he took over their branches across the globe.

He excelled and was respected. Yet, he was also ruthless and was feared. A single mistake, even how minimal or petty it is, will haul his employee jobless in a snap whilst betrayal would send them behind bars for life. There was no exception in his black heart, not even the child Lan Yibo.

Zhan took him under his wings, in papers and appearance that is. They live in the same huge house but meet in rarity. Yibo wouldn't even know whether his Gege was home or not. There are no birthdays celebrated. No special occasions whatsoever. Yibo was clothed, homed, fed and sent to a good school. That was all Zhan had signed for in his parents' will. In fact, Zhan only knew his name, doesn't care how he looks like or how his voice sounds like.

When Zhan was nineteen, his first rut came about. He can't state how ugly the feeling was. The burning of his insides wanting to release and be sufficed when he hated skin contact the most. He would rather die than touch and be touched.

He was like a lunatic, a monster wanting to kill rather than to mate. He suffered a few days, holed up in a bunk hideout he had prepared in advance. His pheromones went haywire after that causing him health issues, he might actually die. His doctor and concerned loyal advisors took it upon themselves to hire an assistant to help him find an expendable receiver when this recurs. Wen Ning then came into picture.

Wen Ning became his secretary, his right-hand man. He helps with Zhan's company works and behind doors arranges candidates for Zhan, have them sign nondisclosure agreements, and make sure no problems will arise after their night with Zhan. Zhan's pocket is loaded, he only needs to shower them expensive gifts and money they wouldn't earn working their whole life and these women come worshipping him whenever called.

When Zhan wakes up after his rut subsides, there was nothing he could remember about the women who warmed his bed. Not their names, not their faces, not even their scent. Nothing was remarkable. Nothing was memorable. It's just a release for him. An ease for a seasonal itch.

But these rut season escapades changed when Zhan woke up and can't forget a certain smell. Not sweet, but quite citrus in a good way. Not overbearing, but subtly fragrant like a night-blooming jasmine. It's stuck in his mind and heats up his groin when remembered. 

He searched and searched, but couldn't find that one who warmed up his bed that night. Wen Ning said an omega named Lusi was scheduled to be with Zhan that day. He did remember seeing a woman that evening, but when they met again in a passionate night, Zhan was so sure, it wasn't the rosy scent of Lusi he was searching for.

----------

A/N:

Who could this mysterious person be?

20/7/23