05

Sidney was sat in the police station, next to Dewey, who was trying to reach her dad. "Did you reach my dad?" She asked. "You're sure it was the Hilton?" Dewey questioned. "At the airport." Sidney replied. "He's not registered. Could he have gone to another hotel?" Dewey asked. "I don't know. I guess." Sidney answered. "We'll find him, Sid. Don't worry." Dewey reassured Sidney. 

Calvin and Tatum had just arrived at the station, seeing Dewey leaving Sidney as the walked over there but were only meet with Sidney staring blankly, numb. "Sid?" Calvin reaches his hand out and rubs her shoulder as he leans down, Sidney flinching from his touch. 

Sidney looks up, almost frightened as she swallows hard. "Hi, Cal." Sidney says. Calvin's face drops as he hears the lack of emotion in her voice. Her voice usually being filled with emotion, but now all he hears is cold and empty, like she's not there anymore. 

"I'm sorry, Sid. It's all my fault." Calvin said as he looked down, ashamed. Sidney raised her eyebrows as she leans forward, slightly. "Calvin, how is it you fault. None of this is your fault." Sidney said, tears filling her eyes once again. "Because," Cal stuttered, "because I mocked it, I mocked you. I said you could be next and you were. I'm so sorry, Sidney." Cal said, still avoiding her line of sight. 

"Cal, I promise you it's not your fault." Sidney said, her voice soft. Sidney noticed Calvin avoiding her eyes, "hey look at me." Sidney said as she grabbed Calvin's chin and made him looks at her, "It is not your fault. Do you hear me." Sidney said, sternly but still in the most caring way possible. Calvin nodded slightly as he sent Sidney a small smile. 

"I'm gonna go talk to Dewey okay?" Calvin said as Tatum came over and rested her hands on Sidney's shoulders and leaned down next to her. Sidney shook her head slightly as Calvin got up, squeezing her hand tightly as he left. 

"That ghost mask is sold at both Kroger's and Walmart. Neither of which keep purchase records." Dewey spoke as Calvin walked over to him and Sheriff Burke. "Hey Dewey, have you found anything about Billy?" Calvin asked. "No, but we're looking. Now if you don't mind I'm having a conversation here." Dewey said as he pushed Calvin away. Calvin rolling his eyes, reluctantly went away and back to Sidney. 

"What about the Cellular phone bill?" Sheriff burke spoke to Dewey. "They're pulling Loomis' account. But it'll be morning before we see something. You think he did it?" Dewey questioned. "Twenty years ago I woulda said not a chance. But these kids today...damn if I know." Sheriff Burke answered. 

"Hey, Dewey. Can we go now?" Tatum asked as she leaned over Sidney, who was still sitting in the chair. "Hold up a sec." Dewey answered. 

"She staying with you?" Sheriff Burke questioned Dewey. "We haven't located her dad yet." Dewey answered. "Gosh damnit, Dewey." Tatum spoke as Dewey turned to her, his face red. "What did Mama tell you? When I wear this badge you treat me like a man of the law." Dewey screams. 

"I'm sorry deputy Dewey-Boy but we're ready to go." Tatum taunted as Calvin stifled a laugh. "Use the back way. Avoid the circus." Sheriff Burke said.