08

The light had just started to shine through the window as Calvin started to open up his eyes. He felt a comforting wait on his chest. He looked down to see Sidney's head rested on his chest, her arm wrapped around his stomach.

His hand was wrapped around her back and holding onto her arm. Calvin couldn't help but smile to himself, but not knowing exactly why. Maybe it was because he hadn't felt someone this close to him in a while?

"Cal?" Calvin hears a voice whisper. "Tay?" Calvin questions, squinting his eyes to the other side of the dimly lit room. "What are you doing?" Tatum questioned him. "What do you mean?" Calvin asked, confused. "What I mean is, what are you doing cuddling my best friend?" Tatum whisper yelled.

"I would like to inform you that she's my best friend too." Calvin whispered accusingly. "That doesn't seem to be the case right now." Tatum shot back. "Well I was just-

-can you guys shut up?" Sidney whispered. Calvin felt the weight shift off his chest, Sidney turning the other way. Calvin rolled his eyes at his sister as he got out of the bed as carefully as he could without making any noise. "Going back to you room where you should have been to start with?" Tatum remarked as Calvin turned the doorknob.

"Let your bestfriend sleep." Calvin mocked as he slid out the door and closed it. Calvin rubbed his eyes as he stepped out into the hallway, checking his watch. It was still early in the morning, he decided he would go and get a workout in before school.

"Hey, wheres Cal?" Tatum asked Mama Riley as her and Sid sat down at the kitchen table. "I don't know. He didn't leave a note like he usually does if he goes out." Mama Riley replied with a shrug.

"Cal!" Dewey screamed as Cal swung up open the door. "Sorry, Dewey. My bad." Cal said as he shut the door and walked over to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast. "Thanks, Ma." Cal said as he started to walk off to his room.

"Where have you been?" Mama Riley asked. "Run." Cal said blankly. "You went out on a run!" Tatum said, her eyes widening. "What about it?" Cal said, obviously confused. "Did you forget that there's a killer out there." Tatum snapped.

"You went out on a run after what happened just last night?" Sidney questioned rather calmly. "Why is everybody so pressed? I didn't do anything wrong." Calvin rolled his eyes. "Come on, Dewey?" Cal continued as he looked towards his brother. "They're right, Cal. You shouldn't go out again.

"Fine. Look I'm sorry, I just thought since I was up I would do something that's all. I'm sorry." Cal said defensively. "I'm sorry, Sid." Cal finished, looking sympathetic towards Sid as he went to his room.

"I think you girls really should stay home today." Mama Riley spoke up. "Your objection is duly noted." Tatum replied. "I'd rather be around a lot of people, Mama Riley." Sidney spoke as she hears her name on the tv. All eyes going to the television, "who escaped a vicious attack last night was the daughter of Maureen Prescott who was brutally killed last year when convicted murderer Cotton Weary...

A picture of Cotton Weary appears on the tv, the reporter continues to speak on the subject. "It's never gonna stop. Is it?" Sidney stated. "Billy was released. His cellular bill was clean. He didn't make those calls." Dewey said as he got off the phone. "Somebody called me Dewey. I'm not making it up." Sidney defended herself.

"I know. We're checking ever cellular account in the country. Any calls made to you or Casey Becker are being cross-referenced. It's gonna take time but we'll find him." Dewey reassured her. "And my dad. Any word on him?" Sidney questioned. Dewey shakes his head no as Sidney starts to show a distressed look, walking off from the kitchen. "Sid, we're trying- Dewey stopped as Sidney was out of view already.

Sidney walked off down the hallway, being quite distressed. As Cal was walking out of his room, slipping on his shirt he felt a hard numb into his chest. "Whoa, Sid?" Cal said as he pulled her back. "Sid, you gotta start watching where your going." He chuckled.

"Whatever." Sidney slightly sniffled. "Hey, what's up." Cal said, started to act concerned. "Nothing, okay." Sidney said, shoving him away as she turned the other way. "No, your not going without telling me." Cal said as he grabbed her wrist. "Cal. Let me go." Sidney mumbled. "Sidney.." Cal pleaded.

"Why did you think it was okay to go out this morning?" Sidney shot around. "Wait, what? Is that why you upset? Because I went out?" Cal questioned, confused. "I don't know." Sidney looked down. "Do you care about me that much." Cal said highly. "Nevermind. How high can your ego get." Sidney said, obviously pissed.

"Wait no, hold on. Please just tell me what's really up. Please." Cal said, he gaze softening. "Okay, fine I was scared for you when you came back and said that but Dewey still hasn't found my dad and..." Sidney trailed off. "And what?" Cal questioned, his eyes wide, wanting to know the rest. "He got released. It wasn't him, Calvin." Sidney said, her gaze dropping to the ground.

Calvin led his hand up to her chin, turning it up so she was looking at him, "hey, everything's gonna be ok. I'll be right there." Calvin smiled. "And I'll beat his ass if he try's anything." Calvin continued, getting a slight chuckle from Sidney. Sidney rolled her eyes as she started to walk away. "Hey, where are you going?" Calvin questioned. "To school. Aren't you?" Sidney said as she turned the corner. "Oh crap." Calvin said as he rushed into his room, grabbing his backpack and rushing after Sidney.