chapter 9

y/n woke up to hear nick tanner and larry yelling. she gets out of bed with a terrible migraine. isaac is still sleeping. she gets up and walks over to the kitchen. where they were all talking. she puts a hand on her head to try and ease the pain.

"are you okay y/n?"

nick says softly walking up to her.

"nah im better than fine. NO I HAVE A FUCKING HEADACHE. okay i'm sorry i get an attitude when i wake up hungover. that's why i don't drink a lot because i don't like the person i become. am i speaking to much, i'll shut up now."

"damn u went through all the emotions in 10 seconds"

"shut up larry"

"here we have some advil in the cupboard."

y/n follows nick to the left side of the kitchen where a bunch of pills were in the cupboard.

"why do you guys have so many headache medicine."

"because there is different medicine for different headaches."

yumi says walking down the stairs.

"he hates having just one type of headache medicine."

"I DO NOT"

"shut up blake"

"y/b/f?"

"y/n!! your alive."

y/b/f runs up to her and hugs her roughly. she whispers in her ear.

"when we get home we have A LOt to talk about"

y/n nods as she turns back to nick as he pops 1 pill out and gives her a bottle of water.

"thank you nick."

"no problem any time."

y/n open the bottle of water as she puts the pill her mouth, and drinks some water. she swallows it and sighed.

"man i got way to drunk last night."

"yea but you were all over isaac"

"oh shut up i was not"

everyone turns to her and gives her a side eye.

"WHAT?? I WAS NOT"

"do u remember anything from last night y/n?"

y/b/f says as she is concerned for her. y/n tries to remember but all she can remember is when they got to the house and a little bit of beer pong.

"i don't remember that much i remember me falling into the pool and when we got there."

"well u were around isaac the entire time, all of us think u two would be a great couple."

nick said when everyone else agreed.

"well i don't know if he likes me, he can just be friendly."

"isaac is a very social person but he doesn't ask everyone he bumps into their number."

"yea like we can dare him to do something but we can't dare him to ask him for someone's number if he doesn't want to continue to talk to them"

"really? i just have had a lot of traumatic experiences with like guys in the past."

"how so?"

"just with getting used, ghosted and people only wanting my body. i'm more bold with isaac, because i feel safe with him. i'm usually not bold,
with flirting and more but i have learned to never hold back."

"yea but your holding back from telling him."

"no im not i just don't want to make the first move."

"he already made the first move by asking for your number."

when all of them were talking isaac stood outside his door, listening to their convo. trying to reassure y/n that he likes her. he doesn't even know his own feelings. he's just scared, wondering if this will actually last. he keeps listening, waiting for a perfect moment to pop out.

"i mean i guess."

"y/n trust me he likes you, when grunk cancelled on us, isaac went straight to you. not even to schlatt or anyone else. he wanted u to be there. he talks about you all the time. he gets rosey talking about you."

"y/n doesn't talk about him that often because she knows if she does she will get smacked"

"he talks about me?"

"yes all the time, it's getting annoying."

"wow, i don't know what to say, i just have a knot in my stomach. oh wait that's just me being nauseous i'll be right back."

everyone laughs as she runs back over to the toilet, to go throw up.

after a bit isaac walks out trying to play out that he didn't hear everything they just said about him and y/n. he walks over to get some advil, as the same for him he is also hungover.

"hey buddy"

tanner says walking over to him.

"did u hear any of that?"

"hear what?"

"okay good."

y/n walks back from the bathroom as she now notices that she is wearing isaacs clothes.

"isaac."

"yesss?"

"why am i wearing your clothes?"

everyone starts to slowly go upstairs so they can be alone. isaac notices, but doesn't say anything.

"remember i threw us both in the pool. i didn't want u to get sick so i had y/b/f change you out of the clothes, anddddd since no girls lived here i had u in my clothes. and to be honest u look better in them."

"I LOOK HOMELESS."

"i mean, you look like a frat boy."

y/n punches him.

"owwwwwwww"

y/n rolls her eyes as isaac grabs her shoulder and brings her closer back to him.

"hey the last to leave vc is in 2 days and i was wondering if you wanna stay until then. we have to prepare and go to the store and all that."

"i would love to, but me and y/b/f has to get some clothes, and i have to get my cat."

"you have a cat?"

"yes her name is sprinkles and she's about 2 years old now. she hides a lot so we might have to find her when i leave."

"awh that's such a cute name,"

isaac whispers under his breath.

"and so is yours."

"thank you"

she smiles as she goes and tells y/b/f and isaac turns around and grabs a cup of coffee. he stirs his creamer in as he thinks how he is starting to get nervous around her.