Chapter 4.

Rachel looked up. She wasn't paying attention when she was hit by the ball. She was thrown back. Rachel looked up at the culprit of such attack. It was, Vinny?..

"Sorry Rachel!" Vinny said but maybe a little too silently since she didn't move her head. Peter grabbed Vinny, "Vinny, pay attention to the game!" Vinny had only been distracted by Rachel for maybe a minute. There team barely had any people left. It was just Peter, a random dude named Jackson, and Vinny. Peter caught the ball from someone on the other time and threw the ball and got someone out. 'The small shirt shows Peter's slight muscle. He seems to only have muscle in his arm though.' Vinny was admiring Peter the whole time. The strongest kid on the other team, Nick, had the ball. Peter was usually the target since he was the tallest and the easiest to hit. Nick threw the ball not at Peter but at Jackson. Vinny saw it all as if it was in slow motion. "Jackson, duck!" Jackson looked up from the necklace in his hands and ducked. Jackson looked at Vinny. He put a thumbs up. In a few minutes, Vinny's team won. Vinny felt someone's grab his shoulders. Sometimes girls grabbed his shoulders. Vinny turned around. Jackson was there. Jackson wasn't so random face to face.  Jackson's freckled face was pale. His orange hair stood out on his quite literally white skin. His eyes were a hypnotising hazel. As Jackson opened his mouth the deepest voice Vinny had ever heard emerged. "Thanks for saving me dude. That ball probably would've killed me if it hit." Vinny laughed with Jackson. Mr. Fitzgerald blewhis whistle hard. The teams went to their side. 11 vs 14. That was better, kind of. William was on the other team, alone, at the back again. William somehow was given the ball and was supposed to throw it first. Peter and Joseph scoffed at William. William's arms were skinny for his height combined with his weight. He made a dramatic pose but suddenly he gave the ball to Nick. "Tell me if the ball is coming at me, ok?" Jackson's deep voice said to Vinny. Vinny laughed until a girl next to him was hit by the dodgeball. Peter and Nick were the only people throwing the ball. It was now 3 vs 4. Jackson, a random girl named Honey, Vinny, and Peter. Honey was from the south. Her dark skin contrasted her bleached blonde hair. Honey would start a fight with anyone that came at her. Nick, Rachel, and William were on the other team. Honey somehow got the ball. She flipped her long braids and threw the ball in the air. She hit it down like a volleyball. Nick was about to catch the ball when Rachel did that... She grabbed his shoulder, pulled him around and grabbed the ball. She shot the ball toward, actually maybe no one. It flew past everyone and hit someone who was already out of the game. "Rachel!" An angry girl yelled out. Rachel was mad. Vinny knew he had to be the reason she was mad.

After Gym class Vinny went to Rachel's locker. Rachel came out of her class with her head low to look at her phone. She went to her locker and saw Vinny. Her light brown eyes were wide. Vinny was nervous. "Rachel, I'm sorry for hitting you with the dodgeball." Rachel's eyes were still wide but after a few seconds they went back to her normal size. Rachel flipped her long brown hair over her shoulder. A smile went on her face. "Oh Vinny," she put her hand on his shoulder and bent her knees, "I wasn't mad at you." Vinny's big eyes became even bigger. "I was mad at Honey for hitting me with the ball." Rachel was still smiling. Vinny gulped. "Honey didn't hit you, I did." Rachel laughed. "I guess I was mad for no reason." Vinny looked at Rachels hands. Vinny remembered that whenever Rachel was mad, she would make a thumbs up wither hand. Rachel's hands were in her locker. Rachel said after a few seconds of silence, "I want to hang with you and the others again." Vinny smiled. "Really?" Rachel nodded with her eyes close. "To be honest I don't know why I stopped talking to you guys." 'She doesn't?' Rachel got a phone call and said, "Gotta hop, bye." When Rachel left Jackson suddenly appeared. "Hey Vinny." Jackson's deep voice got a few stares. "Would you happen to have a phone number?" Vinny was asked that a lot. "Sorry," Jackson looked worried, "not sorry as in I don't want to be friends, sorry as in I don't have a phone." Jackson raised his eyebrows. "Really? Will you get a phone when you're older?" Vinny shrugged his shoulders. "My parents are kind of strict. They said I can't have a fun unless I'm in a major accident." "I think that's more than kind of strict." Vinny laughed. "Do you have a computer?" Vinny shook his head. "I don't have any electronics." Jackson stared. "You're serious?" Vinny nodded. Jackson was still. He grabbed a pen and paper and used the locker to write on the paper. He gave Vinny the paper. It had a phone number and an address. "If you know how to make letters, you know where to send them." Jackson waved and walked away. Vinny went to his own locker. He didn't know why, he had already done his homework. "Heyyyy." It was Honey. Honey was holding a belt. She put it around Vinny's waist. "Sugar you need to gain some weight. This belt can almost go around you twice." Vinny looked down at his gym shirt. He liked the shirt with the belt. "Honey, where did you get this belt?" "You can have if you want. Doesn't fit me anymore. All this passion for fashion can't fit in my head." Honey flipped her hair. Vinny laughed. Honey looked at the work she made. "Another fashion masterpiece, created by Honey Smithes!" She flipped her blonde braids again. Vinny's mom came a few minutes after school ended. She always came quick.