𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Fuck..." I cussed, sitting up slowly from my sleeping position, slightly confused as i'd forgotten where i was and what had happened, yet soon remembered.
My whole body hurt, but it was so nice to be clean, to be in a bed, to be safe. I looked around that beautiful room, a big bed with silk sheets, a wardrobe, a bathroom, a vanity, it was like anything anyone could ever ask for, i mean it may not seem like much but it was the most i'd ever had. It was bright outside like it was the peak of the day. How long had a slept for? I didn't exactly have to get dressed as i had no clothes so i wasn't sure what to do, i had nothing, not even a hairbrush. Just then there was a knock on the door.
"Yes?!" I called out.
The door opened to reveal Miss Jessel, with a younger child, whom i guess was Flora.
"Good afternoon, this is Flora by the way," Miss Jessel smiled as she entered the room holding some clothes and some other things like a toothbrush and a hairbrush. Thank god.
"It's nice to meet you, you're really pretty!" Flora greeted with enthusiasm, holding her hand out for me to shake.
I shook her hand with a small giggle, she was a sweet girl, "Why thank you, so are you,"
"I've never met an English person before, do you have pop tarts there? Miles loves those," Flora carried on, obviously curious as she was young.
"We do but it's not in like all the shops," I told her.
"Oh...what happened to your face and arms?" Flora frowned as she sat on the bed next to me.
"Flora, what did i say about asking too many questions?" Miss Jessel warned the small girl as she started to unpack things from a plastic bag she'd brought into the room.
"It's fine, honestly i don't mind. I just got hurt while i was travelling, nothing to worry about," I shrugged off my pain to appear strong for the young girl.
"Makes sense, Miles always says it's a dangerous place out there. Have you met him yet?" Flora wondered, kicking her feet that dangled off the bed.
"Yes i've had the pleasure," I chuckled. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience but he did bring me to safety i guess...
"He's the best brother in the whole wide world!" Flora exclaimed using her arms to make a circle.
"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows at her.
"Yeah...I'm happy he's home from school for christmas because i missed him a lot," She told me, sadness in her voice.
"Well, at least he'll be home for a while, you can spend loads of time together," I reassured her kindly.
"Yeah...he spends a lot of time with Quint though, he's the stable boy," Flora sighed.
"Well, i'm sure they can invite us into their game, can't they?" I suggested.
"You'll play too?" Flora's eyes lit up.
"Yeah, sure i will,"
"It'll have to be calm games, be careful with Poppy she's very sick at the moment, Flora," Miss Jessel said.
"Yes, we can just play dolls, or watch Miles' riding lessons, i always watch them because if he falls off then it's quite funny," Flora sniggered, covering her mouth.
I laughed at her cheekiness, "Oh is it?"
"Right, let's leave Poppy to get ready for the day, then she'll join us for lunch downstairs," Miss Jessel announced to us both.
"Okay, bye, bye, Pandora!" Flora waved off to me before they both left the room.
Right to get dressed...
I stood up carefully, using the bed for assistance to reach the ottoman, where Jessel had left the pile of clothes. There was a red dress, not much longer than my mid thighs i guessed, seemed to be tight until the waist where it became looser to the skirt, and my underwear that'd been washed clean.
As quickly as i could i changed into the dress that looked quite nice on me, yet every plaster and bandage on my body was visible. Miss Jessel had to stitch up four different cuts on my arms three on my left and two on my right as well as the cut going across my lower back, but now i was on road to heal. It was painful to walk as it was before it was just getting used to the bandages on my feet that made it difficult to maintain my balance yet i was getting used to that and my painful legs. as i made my way through the halls and down the stairs i could heard laughter and the scattering of feet coming from the kitchen.
"Flora! Miles! Sit down, please," I didn't recognise this person's voice but assumed it must have been Miss Grose as the person seem quite old.
And i was right, as i entered the kitchen i came face with Flora, Miles, Jessel, and Miss Grose all gathered at the table in the kitchen. I looked to Miles and he looked back at me with a grin before nodding, "Pandora,"
"Miles," I returned, yet not changing my expression as to not give him what he desired from me, a reaction.
"Good afternoon, young lady, i've heard quite a bit about you from Miss Jessel, I'm Miss Grose," The old woman introduced herself politely as she severed food onto plates.
"Nice to meet you," I flashed her, what was supposed to be a warming smile, yet most likely looked like i wanted to kill her from her reaction, to which i ignored and took a seat at the table opposite Miles between Flora and Miss Jessel. That's when i was reminded of the shouting from Miles' room last night. There didn't seem to be much different about him, he wore a black jumper(sweater) with some riding pants, apart from that nothing seemed to have changed about him, yet before i could look away i caught a glimpse of something unusual on his neck, hickeys? No, bruises definitely, and lots of them all up the side of his neck.
What the fuck...
"So, Poppy, how did you sleep?" Miss Jessel grabbed my attention quickly.
"Hm?" I snapped away from Miles, zoning back into reality at her question, "Oh, good, thank you..." I trailed off once more hearing Miles snigger under his breath.
"Is something funny?" Miss Jessel stopped him.
"No, no." Miles shook his head with a smug smile on his lips.
I didn't like this place, i mean i did, but there was something weird about it, something really wrong...