𝐕

𝐁𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫
𝟒:𝟐𝟎𝐚𝐦

I sat shocked for a moment.
"What do you mean?" I frowned.
He smirked at me, "I was right, you want me don't you?"
"What if i just want to mess about?" I giggled, feeling the substance engulf my body as my chest burned, my body going numb.
"Well, if you want to mess about, and you're bored then-" Miles was cut off as there was a scream from the wing where Quint stayed.
We both froze as we heard running around the manor like someone was being chased.
I stood up quickly, rushing to the door and trying to push the draws away from them.
"Help me then!" I called to Miles, too weak myself to push the draws.
Miles helped me move the draws then i shot out the room and across the hall to Flora's room. I jumped back slightly as i saw her stood by the window, peering out to the front of the house.
"Flora, are you okay?" I pulled my shirt down to try and cover my underwear while pulling the young girl's shoulder toward me to see she had tears in her eyes, "What's wrong?"
"It's Miss Jessel, she's leaving without saying goodbye..." Flora pointed out the window causing me to look out.
Out the window Miss Jessel was struggling to enter car, looking around in fear.
What the fuck was going on?
"Miles-" I turned around only to see that Miles was not longer there, and his bedroom door was open, signalling he wasn't in there either.
Flora hugged me in her sorrow as i continued to look out the window, watching as Jessel hopped back out her car to try get through the gate, that's when he appeared...Quint. He grabbed Jessel before smashing her head into the car, i watched as she fell to the ground unconscious before closing my eyes, not baring to watch what could happen next.
"Flora, come with me, let's go in my room," I held Flora's hand guiding her to my bedroom before shakily locking the door.
"Why'd she leave, Poppy?" Flora cried.
I kneeled down to Flora's height, "Sometimes people struggle to say goodbye." I told her, trying not to cry myself from what i'd just witnessed.
Quint was dangerous. Really dangerous...

𝐁𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫
𝟏𝟎:𝟏𝟑𝐚𝐦

Breakfast was silent, tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. I poked the pancake around with my fork as did Flora. There was still no sign of Miles but Quint sat opposite Flora and I as Miss Grose dusted the fireplace. Miss Grose had made her best attempt to cheer Flora up by making her favourite breakfast, pancakes and bacon, yet she was still upset.
"Come on kids, eat up, no need to be upset, i'm sure the woman had a good reason to leave," Quint said, shoving the food into his mouth.
I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Sure she did," I muttered with sarcasm.
"Don't be rude, sweetheart," Quint grinned over at me showing off his yellow teeth.
I stared back with disgust on my face. Miss Grose soon left the room then my chest tightened.
"Flora, why don't 'ya go get your brother up," Quint nodded at Flora.
She signed before leaving the room.
I held my breath and looked down at my feet, waiting for someone to return to the room so i was no longer alone. I could just leave but i was too scared to move.
"Poppy, i would appreciate if 'ya weren't rude to me, you're the guest. Be polite," Quint told me, his voice like venom.
My head twitched and i pinched my leg, "Yeah..." I looked up to see Quint stand from seat to walk behind me.
I squeezed my eyes shut and bit my tongue. Suddenly Quint placed his hands on my shoulders, rubbing them.
"Quint please stop," I whispered, growing more uncomfortable by the second.
"Why are you so tense?" He questioned, continuing to touch me.
He then touched the cut on my back and i wince, "Quint stop you're hurting me!" I stood up quickly and turned around only to be struck in the face. I cupped my face with my hand, tears forming in my eyes. Images of my mother came back, images of her angry at me, her hurting me...it all came back.
"You need to stop telling lies, young girl," Quint spoke through gritted teeth, pointing his finger at me.
"What lies?" I backed away, the back of my legs hitting the table behind me.
"About me going into Miles room, if i hear anything else, you'll have to leave, just like miss Jessel." With that Quint left the room shaking his head.
I fell back onto the sofa, burying my head in my knees.
"What the fuck, what the fuck!" My shouts where muffled by my skin, my tears going no further than my cheekbones.
Miss Jessel was like the mother i'd always wanted in my life, i'd tell her everything, she'd wake me up everyday, she'd make sure i was okay, she's always made sure i was comfortable and that i was settling in well. She'd never hurt me, she was the kindest person i'd ever met. I missed her dearly.
"Poppy are you okay?" The kind voice of Flora asked from behind me.
I picked my head up to look over only to see Flora stood with Miles.
In the least offensive way possible Miles looked rough, like he'd had no sleep at all. He had dark circles around his eyes, his eyelids puffy like he'd been crying. I looked down at his hands, seeing his jumper(sweater) sleeves were pulled down below his wrists and he had blood under his fingernails.
I frowned, looking back to Flora, "Yeah, i'm fine, how are you feeling?" I gave her a sad smile, trying not to cry again as Flora spun around the arm of the sofa and engulfing me in a tight hug.
Miles didn't move from where he stood, staring down at me with nothing but hate.
But what did i do?
"I just miss her..." Flora sighed, sitting back down on the sofa to eat her breakfast, Miles doing the same.
"Me too."