𝒱. Buddha's charm

Since the day you visit Buddha, you never came out of your space, completely isolated yourself. Desperate to achieve the power you seek.

What you're currently doing was to learn how to reconstruct or reattach a body part, not to mention you find it humiliating that Buddha's eye can't be restore even in the heavens. during the progress you wonder why you care for the injured god,

'He doesn't seem bother why bother?' you question yourself whilst stopping your move 'did you like him?"

Image of Buddha appear in your head, the way he looks so gentle to you, feeling so relax and peaceful around him, telling jokes you would giggle or laugh.

You clench the paper under your palms with confusion and feelings you can't put into words, resuming your study.

...

Sweat dripples as the papers absorb it. You pant from the massive power drain from your body, staring frustrated at the test rat you had injured initially to see the effect, but it remains the same, a limb still gone.

Ruffling your hair makes you wonder what is lacking or missing. Around you was a mountain of stack books surrounding you like a small fortress.

"Why does healing a damage eye has such difficulties?!" you particularly scream internally, marking another line of failure this was the 35th time.

Much you wish to continue you need some fresh air and food, you snap your fingers your space slowly forms back to a normal library.

Taking steps down the stairs to the rocky path, sound of stream and cool breeze lightens the load and stress you've been holding, glancing over the fresh apples on the trees you pluck one; washing them in the clean running stream before taking a bit.

The sweetness of the juice makes you delighted, you floated up a thick branch resting whilst eating the apple in hand as your break. You had the view of mainland, spotting a few gods walking around.

Eating one after another the grass were the remains of the apple, as you eat you contemplate about your failures, thinking ways to succeed.

In fact, you were so deep in thoughts you didn't realize Buddha under staring at you.

"y/n-Chan" the abrupt voice makes you jump, losing you balance you fall off the branch, a squawk slips out of you as you fall down the tree with the apple falling off your hand.

You shut your eyes ready to feel the pain on you, yet it never came, you stopped. Your eye flatter over seeing Buddha staring at you with that playful smile of his.

He caught you with one arm, another holding the apple you had earlier.

"Buddha? Since when-" 

"when you ate couple of apples throwing them down the grass" he chuckled; crushing the sweet inside his mouth to eat the fruit you ate. you blush from embarrassment, even more when you see yourself in his arms in this position. His gaze was undeniably strong, so you had to look away.

You can hear sweet compliments in his head "how cute" "such beautiful eyes"

"Bu-Buddha...can you uh...put me down please" you stammered, he let your body slide down from him. You stand brushing dust off your clothes.

"So, what are you up to that to you shut yourself up so long" Buddha now has an eye patch covering his injured eye like a pirate, your heart stings knowing he no longer can have his left vision.

"studying"

"Studying what"

"Is best I don't reveal"

Although knowing what he'll do next it still makes you let out a small yelp. His arms tug you on his body, your hands instinctively place on his chest to leave a small space between.

"Why not? tell me" He still had that charm even with one eye covered, you look away not able to handle his face inching closer.

Buddha loves teasing you, you don't have much expression but since the meeting with him, things change. Feeling things, you never had, making faces you rarely do.

Both of you stay like this for a while before Buddha cutting the silence, he wanted your attention, wants you to look at him with your eyes full of wisdom "has anyone ever said you look cute likes this Y/n-Chan"

Your head automatically shot at him giving him what he wanted "um...no... thanks?" you struggle to find words.

"want to go on a little trip?" he offered

"to?"

"Midgard"

"Why all of a sudden?"

"there're places that books of yours won't have, don't you want to take a look?"

Intrigued by the suggestion you agree to, finally he let you go. Both heading to the gate that leads to Midgard

Bonus

"You can float?" Buddha bend his body, even waving his hands below your feet making sure he wasn't seeing things.

"Yeah, but I mostly walk. Just want to keep it to myself"

Buddha survey you up and down rubbing his chin "if I tie a rope on you does it makes you a balloon?"

"Don't you dare" you threatened, receiving a laugh from the other god.