The Proposal

Here's the tenth chapter, I see I'm going pretty far. In the next chapter, we'll see how our Mario brothers are doing and how they're planning something.

As Luigi and Donkey Kong fell towards the ocean, Donkey Kong started screaming and throwing debris from his kart at Luigi. - "Hey! This is your fault!"

Scared and feeling really guilty, Luigi grabbed one of the pieces of road and used it as a shield, while he started whimpering. - "I know, right? I'm sorry, okay? By my fault, everything went wrong and..."

"Stop talking! I don't want the last thing I hear before I die to be your--" - DK yelled as he continued throwing debris at the distressed plumber. But before he finished, both of them chashed into surface of the ocean.

After almost losing consciousness and looking at Kong, Luigi saw one of the tires fall on him, leaving him unconscious. Still feeling guilty, he swam towards DK, and with a little effort, managed to pull him up. Not realizing that below, a large creature closed its jaws under the wreckage of the kart and opened its eyes.

When they returned to the surface, Luigi saw that it was raining under them. As soon as he regained his senses, Donkey Kong threw himself into a floating barrel, by instinct. Then he turned to the green plumber, and muttered in surprise.

"Luigi... You saved my life."

"Yeah, it's the least I could do after screwing up. I'm sorry again." - Luigi declared, looking down, before smiling. - "But don't worry... if you want, I won't tell anyone."

"Good, please don't." - DK stated, in despair. It wouldn't do his reputation any good. Luigi just smiled genuinely in response. However, a vibration surged beneath them.

"Uh... Did you just...feel something?"

Suddenly, one creature, an eel-like Maw-Ray, rised up out of the water behind them. They both screamed and desperately tried to swim away. - "Swim!"

Although, the Maw-Ray closed its jaws around them, and everything went dark.

---

As the sky dawned, Peach and Toad arrived back to the Mushroom Kingdom, crossing the water and running down the cliff until they reached the town.

"Bowser's on his way! You have to evacuate!" - she ordered in desperation, sending the nearby Toads running in despair. She returned to running through the city, while spreading her warning. - "Hurry! Get out of the city!" - She drove through several paths until she reached the castle.

Inside, the other Toads were talking among themselves, until they heard something and the princess entered the throne room with the motorcycle. She and Toad jumped off the motorcycle and she took off her helmet, sighing heavily. - "Princess?" - Toad General asked, seeing the princess's frustrated expression.

"We lost the army, and Luigi's gone." - she declared, in a sad tone. Toad held up his friend's bag of tools as a demonstration. The other Toads were disturbed by that news.

"Bowser is coming. Head into the forest. I'll buy you some time." - she declared with determination. - "You heard her! Evacuate the city!" - General Toad ordered, as he and the other Toads retreated from the room.