Chapter 12

One Month Later

Mouse was working at the computer when he finally caught the break he had been so desperate for "yes!" he printed it out and ran down the hall to Voight.

"I got it!" He yelled "Sarge I have Bounce's name" he handed the paper over.

Voight slapped Mouse on the back "nice work" Voight read the paper and called everyone back to the bullpen.

Sean stared out the window during math class, sure he had been going to school but he hadn't done any work, "you up for this weekend?" Alex asked him when he didn't respond "yo earth to Ruzek, this weekend are you in?"

Sean faced him "what's this weekend?" he rarely went out, except for the occasional trip to the batting cages or little Adam's hockey games.

Alex laughed "dude, you are so depressing lately" he grabbed a piece of paper "listen, this chick is having a party, like a balls to the wall legit party, you should come" he slid the paper on Sean's desk "that Sam girl that likes you, she's going"

Sean took the paper and put it in his pocket "I don't know, maybe" he told him, he just wasn't feeling parties or anything.

"Mouse find something?" Adam asked when he saw a new name on the white board.

"He did" Hank hung the picture up "meet our shooter, we knew him as 'Bounce' but as you all know we got exactly jackshit when we looked for him" he wrote an address on the board "this is Cole Grant, aka Bounce seems his nickname is because charges 'bounce' off of him, cute right?"

"He's our guy?" Adam asked again "he's the one who killed Roman?"

"Yes, I believe so" Voight sat down "listen, we are doing this the right way" he knew the entire unit wanted retribution but he knew this was personal for Adam "I know how you're feeling kid, but we do this the right way, this won't be bouncing off of him, not this time"

"Let's go round him up, boss!" Adam said relieved they had finally found the guy.

"Ruzek, you're sitting this one out" Hank said as they headed out.

Adam kicked the desk "really?" He was furious "please, I" unable to finish His thought.

Voight cut him off, "it's not up for discussion, you're too close to this kid"

Jen sat on the floor in the nursery while Emma slept, her house was a mess and she didn't remember the last time she ate, Emma her driving force. Once Emma was asleep she let her self cry, often for hours on end.

Kim rang the bell again, finally hearing a faint voice telling her she was coming, once the door swung open and she saw Jen, she felt sick.

Jen's hair was pulled up in a sloppy ponytail, she was wearing sweats and an old shirt of Sean's it was obvious she was not taking care of herself.

"Oh, Jen" she said as she hugged her "I should have come sooner" she wished she had, but something would always come up, that morning it was Liam not wanting to go on the bus because it wasn't the usual driver, surprisingly enough it was Adam who finally convinced him.

"I don't know how to do this without Sean, I can't do it without him, Emma has been looking for him" she sat down clutching the throw pillow to her chest "they used to play hide and seek all the time, she keeps waiting for him to jump out"

Kim just held her friend as she cried, she knew she didn't have what was needed to fix Jen's broke heart, only Sean could do that and he was gone.

They watched the house, looking for any sign of Cole Grant, plenty of people had come and gone in the hour they had been there.

"Lets just knock the door down" Kevin said, he was anxious to finally take the guy down, he had also been close with Sean since his days in patrol.

"We take him outside" Al said as he spotted someone walking towards their car "and bingo!" he and Kevin both jumped out, and grabbed him.

"You didn't think we'd find you, did you Bounce, or should I say Cole?" Al said as he cuffed him.

Adam paced in the basement at the 21st, Atwater already called letting him know they had their man in custody. Once the roll up opened Adam ran outside, Al stopping him.

"Ruzek, back off" he moved him backwards "we can't have anything mess this up, this one goes by the book" they had already discussed that this was once charge that wouldn't 'bounce' off Cole Grant.

Adam glared at Grant as they walked him into a holding cell, he stormed out when Grant smirked at him.

"Boss, I'm calling it a day" he told him, he needed to get out of his head.

Sean took the long way home from school, "hey Ruzek!" He heard someone call out, turning around he saw TJ "slow down man"

"What do you want?" Sean hadn't spent much time with TJ since the accident.

"You have to go this weekend, it's going to be killer" TJ said as he lit a cigarette, offering Sean one.

"Nah, I'm good" turning it down "I don't know about the party man, I haven't been in a party mood lately"

"It sucks about your uncle man, but you can't hide in your room forever, plus Sam is going and she asked if you would be there"

"Maybe, I don't know"he told him "I gotta get home"

Adam was dripping with sweat as he ran on the treadmill at Antonio's gym, visions of Sean Roman in his head, he heard someone call his name.

"Adam Ruzek, in the flesh" she said as she approached him, his jaw dropping.

"Wendy, what are you doing back in town?" He asked as he slowed to a walk on the treadmill.

"Boston wasn't all I though it would be, thought I would give Chicago another go" she said as she got on the treadmill beside his "how's life been treating you?"