Chapter 52

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Let's go Adam, hurry the hell up!" Sean yelled from the driveway, anxious to get going. He had his drivers license finally, sure it sucked driving his snot nosed bratty brother around but it got him the car.

Adam finally emerged from the house, his bat bag over his shoulder "you're worse than mom, always telling me to hurry up" he tossed the bag on the back seat, "I can't believe they bought you a car"

"They did, guess it just proves I'm the favorite"

"Have you spoken to your mom yet today?" Adam asked as he rolled over in the bed having gotten in late last night he watched as she got dressed "why are you putting clothes on, get back in bed with me" he smiled.

"Adam, I can't" she said "my mom hasn't called yet, she's probably busy" she finished buttoning her top, "I'm taking Dani to Tyler's for a play date and Liam is going to Connor's house" she winked at him, "rest up, I will be back soon"

"We need to have this Tyler over here, I need to have a chat with him"

"Stop it Adam"

"Hurry back" Adam said as he rolled back over and tried to close his eyes, his body hurt having thrown down with a suspect last night.

He just started to doze when the phone rang, he grabbed it "Ruzek?"

"Hi Adam, is Kim home?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry Elaine you just missed her" he sat up, "how's it going, we miss you"

Elaine looked out at the beach, the waves beating the shoreline the happy laughter filling the air, "it's great Adam, I love it here" she heard the door open behind her, she looked over her shoulder and smiled "kiss the kids for me and tell Kim, that I will call back, James just got back with lunch"

"Love you both" Adam told her he could hear James' voice in the background, he would be forever in debt to Hank Voight for getting James out of the trouble he had gotten himself into.