Games

(Ep. 1 The Vanishing of Will Byers)                                                                                                                  Sunday, November 6th, 1983, Hawkins Indiana                                                                                    Caytlinn's POV

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here," Mike uttered under his breath.

Will, Dustin, Lucas, and I leaned in close to listen to Mike. We could only see his jet-black hair and his eyes.

"What is it?" Will questioned.

"What if it's the Demogoron?" I suggested, knowing there was a chance it was.

Will sat back in his chair and sighed. I leaned forward and stared at Mike. If it was the Demogoron, we were screwed.

"Oh hell, we're so screwed if it's the Demogoron," Dustin groaned, throwing his head into his hands, before looking back at Mike.

We were all waiting for what was coming for us when Lucas broke the silence.

"It's not the Demogoron!" Lucas assured me and Dustin.

We all turned to Mike. He was staring at us, before looking back at his board. We all leaned in close waiting to figure out what was coming.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike shouted, slamming several troglodytes pieces in front of him.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin smirked.

"Told ya!" Lucas snickered.

We all snorted at the comment, and I slid back into my chair.

"Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That...that sound?... Boom...BOOM...!" Mike shouted the last part as he slammed his hands on the table making us all flinch. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that came from something else. The Demogoron!"

Mike slammed the Demogoron figurine on the table, and we all groaned. Dustin threw his hands up in the air, and Lucas clenched his fists together. He was wrong, which made Dustin and me happy.

"We're in deep shit!" Dustin groaned.

"Will, your action!" Mike yelled, looking at Will.

"I don't know!" Will groaned.

"Fireball him! Fireball him!" I shouted, sitting up in my chair, waiting for Will's action.

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Will complained.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell!" Dustin shot back.

"Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas chanted.

"Cast protection!" Dustin corrected me.

"The Demogoron is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. BOOM!" Mike shouted.

"Come on Will. Fireball him!" I yelled at Will, handing him the dice.

"Another stomp. Boom!"

"Cast Protection!" Dustin shouted.

"He roars in anger!"

We all started shouting and arguing. I didn't even notice that Will took the dice, and rolled until Will shouted.

"Fireball!" he shouted, as the dice rolled onto the floor.

We jumped up to find the dice. We needed to know what Will had rolled because he could have destroyed the Demogorgon or not.