Chapter two

CHAPTER TWO: the thing you love most

╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮

ASHLEY JENKINS  HAD TO WAKE UP EARLY, AS SHE HAS NOTIFIED GRANNY THAT SHE WOULDNT HAVE HER CLASSES TODAY.  The older woman asked if she could come in early since she knew that Ashley was hoping for more hours, and she also didn't know if Ruby would be up like she had ordered.

Ashley smiled brightly at Ruby. "Hey, Rubs."

"Ash," Ruby smiled back.
╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮

Sometimes Ashley would forget to eat, a bad habit because she is always almost late. So, she would try (and a few times succeed) to leave the house an hour early. Ruby had told her that she could just show up early for her shift, or if they were slow, and make herself something in the kitchen.

Ashley knew the two pitied her, as she had no living relatives. She was twenty-two, virtually attending a college.

The young woman stared in shock. "Hey, Ruby, did you notice this?"

The dark-haired girl points at the typically stuck one-time clock. In all her of living in Story Brook, the clock had never moved until now.

Ruby stood next to her, a surprised look on her face as well. Before she shrugged, uncaring of the new event.

"Oh, come on, I'm here now. It'll be a fun shift." Ashely grinned.

Ruby, jokingly, rolled her eyes. "Yes. Fun's the word."
╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮

"What can I get you, Henry?" Ashley questions.

"Henry points to a blond-haired woman. "Can you send her hot chocolate with cinnamon?"

Ashley followed where he pointedly, then turned back to him. "Isn't she a little old for you?"

"She's my mother," Henry says, and before Ashley could give another remark. "My real mother."

"Kid, that's rude to say. Regina is the one who took care of you."

"But she's the Evil Queen," Henry argued. "She put a curse on this town. You're Rocky White, Snow White's younger sister."

"Right, and who's Snow White?"

"Mary Margaret," Henry answered seriously. "And my mom is going to break this curse."

Ashley tried not to laugh at the kid. "Oh, yeah, no kid. Keep on going."
╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮
"Here you go," Ashley dropped off the drink with whipped cream in front of the blond-haired lady, red leather jacket.

"Thank you, but I did not order that."

"Yeah, I know. You have an adorable admirer," Ashley says with a smile, laughing.

The woman turns to look, approaching Graham. Ashley tilted her head, debating on telling the woman, that it was Henry Mills.

She didn't do it, watching with an amused smile.
╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮

"So, has Henry told you about his theory that everyone in town is from a storybook?" Ashley questioned Ruby.

"It's all he talks about," Ruby sighs.
╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮

Ashley huffed in annoyance, staring at the screen. She had to finish the assignment in a week, and although she had the outline of it, she needed to write it out. "Stupid assignment."

╰☆☆ ᔕᗩᖴᗴ & ᔕᗝᑌᑎᗪ ☆☆╮

{500}