Chapter seven

CHAPTER SEVEN: the heart is a lonely hunter

—(••÷[ ʂąʄɛ & ʂơųŋɖ ]÷••)—

ASHLEY JENKINS WAS USING A RAG TO CLEAN UP A SPILLED COFFEE. She muttered about annoying people who, for an unknown reason, felt the need to talk with their hands as this person was known for being clumsy.

Ashley glanced up, seeing Graham throwing darts at the dartboard as if he was angry.

"I bet you twenty bucks you can't do that again," Sydney spoke.

Ashley sighed. Graham nodded at him before picking up the dart and throwing it at the dartboard, which had a deer on it, and hitting the deer in the face. Graham jerked his head towards Sydney. "Next round's on him."

Emma walked in, pausing when seeing Graham.

"Emma, what can I get you?" Ruby questioned.

"Nothing," Emma walked past the two.

Ashley frowned, her eyebrows in confusion at the two's interaction. Suddenly, Graham threw a dart at Emma, the dart burying itself into the wall.

"What the hell?" Emma's head snapped towards the man. "You could've hit me."

"I never miss." Graham begins to walk towards her. "You've been avoiding me? Since last night when you saw me..."

"Leaving the Mayor? And yes, that is a euphemism," Emma says loudly before bringing it to a normal tone. "I'm not avoiding you, Graham."

"Drama," Ashley says.
—(••÷[ ʂąʄɛ & ʂơųŋɖ ]÷••)—

Tears fall down Rocky White's face, and her older sister, Snow, has her hand intertwined with her sister's. Each sister held a single white rose. Rocky's typically steady hand shakes slightly as she places her white rose on the white and grey marble casket. On top of the casket laid red rose petals, all having been ripped apart from the flour and scattered across the top.

"Goodbye, Father," Snow whispered lightly.

Both gasped when a hand was placed on their shoulders, being turned around to face the Queen.

"I'm so sorry, Snow, Rocky."

"I loved him so much," Snow cried, leaning forward to hug the older woman.

"I can-can't," Rocky stuttered, crying too much for the words to be understandable.

"So did I. So did I."