The palace of justice

"𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓻𝓸𝓷𝔂, 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓵𝓮" _𝓒𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓪𝓶𝓶𝔂 𝓙𝓻

_𝓒𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓪𝓶𝓶𝔂 𝓙𝓻

"𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓻𝓸𝓷𝔂, 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓵𝓮" _𝓒𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓪𝓶𝓶𝔂 𝓙𝓻

The swirling feeling made the little food in my stomach twirl up my throat. I closed my mouth as tight as possible, the last thing I want right now is for me to appear in front of the elders with vomit all over my leather clothes. The world kept going round and round and then when I felt I couldn't take it any longer, every thing came to a halt and I found myself loosing balance and falling, not to the ground but into a stranger's arms, I opened my eyes widely to see a pair of bright emerald eyes full of mischief looking at me.

I didn't even notice myself as my instinct kicked in, and I gripped my dagger and put near enough to draw small droplets of blood from his through, but he didn't even blink and kept looking into my eyes with a sly smile even wider now. "Let her go Arik, or she will kill you, my bestie doesn't fool around" Tamara said amusingly.

"We meet at last lady Layla Samir, welcome to the palace of justice" he whispered, giving me a deep bow, I looked at him carefully now seeing his victorian custom with the golden threads and silly puffed sleeves, of course, a good-looking elite who thought he just caught a damsel in distress.

I ignored him and his silly bow completely and looked around the hall we were standing on, it was huge with sun coming from magnificent big widows with various pictures of the great battle of good and evil drawn all over them, huge golden chandeliers were dangling from the high ceiling making the sunny golden threads bounce and dance all along the hall. Far In the end of the hall stood four justice knights clothed in black metal suits with long golden sword in their hand, guarding a big wooden charcoal black door, even from afar I can see words carved on it with shining with a silver sheen, but I couldn't see what the words were saying.

My awe must've shown on my face because I found Arik saying "yeah it's beautiful, all deadly things are beautiful." he looked at me and for a moment I didn't know if he was really talking about the palace. "Layla, let me introduce you, this is my nosy cousin Arik. He just came back from the Kardom state, so you haven't seen him before" said Tamara beaming as she saw how irritated I'm by the handsome man, It's always handsome men that leave me with scars. But I tried to push my introverted self as much as I can and mumbled "hello sir Arik nice to meet you" and I gave him a little nod with my head, that's how much curtsy I can give to anyone really. But he didn't even seem to notice, he beamed at me with a smile so genuine that I wondered if he was mentally ill, how can anyone smile so brightly in such a dark moment, not that other days aren't dark but facing the possibility of being executed or worse banished to the human world can be a darker shade of dark in my dark days meter.