Forty.

She took a deep breath,
CHRIS! Tj screamed.

I wasn't surprised at all, I mean, of course it was Chris.

Who else could it even be?

"Oh my god, drop the details real quick." I demanded, my curiosity at its peak.
Ugh, wait hold on- let's talk later, some Karen yelling at me right now cause I'm standing in line or some shit. Tj explained abruptly, agitation in her voice.
"Okay, okay, bye then." I responded, ending the call as I heard yelling coming from the other side of the phone.

Well, Chris and Raylin were meant to be from the start.

FLASHBACK (MANY YEARS AGO)

(THIRD PERSON POV)

It was just another day of Chris going to his new school in Korea, his mother took him to the second-grade classroom, where he was supposed to be.

"Don't break your pencils again Chris, this is the LAST packet I'm getting you." She declared in a serious tone, emphasising on the 'last'.
"But-" Chris started, only to be cut off by his mother.

His mother had already yelled at him too many times over pencils, only if she would just listen to what he had to say.

"No buts. Now go in before you're late." She said, brushing off the boy's words before leaving him behind.

The little Chris sighed before walking into his classroom, taking a seat next to a certain boy.

That boy besides Chris was Seok, Seok was taller than most kids their age, bigger, buffer, and much scarier.

He was the one who had actually been breaking Chris's pencils all along, but Chris's mother just wouldn't listen to him no matter what he did.

As the lesson started Chris pulled out his new pencil packet from his backpack, taking one out to use, only for Seok to snatch it out of his hand.

And without any hesitation he snapped the pencil and threw it on the floor, leaving the poor Chris upset.

Chris just sighed, unsure of what to do, even if he took out one more, Seok would just snap it again, so in the end he just sat there the whole lesson doing nothing as he fiddled with his fingers.

It was finally lunchtime, Chris took out his lunch box and headed out to the playground, as he sat down on the ground waiting for his friends to arrive, a little girl who looked like a kindergarten student approached him.

Raylin who was two years younger, stood ahead of him,
"What are you doing there, ugly?" She asked Chris, sitting down in front of him.
"Huh?" Chris replied, confused by the little Korean girl's actions.
"Aren't you the ugly whose mum was yelling at this morning? Why do you keep breaking your pencils, are you dumb?" Raylin questioned with curious eyes.

Chris just glanced over at the girl with a calm yet awkward expression, he didn't remember seeing this small girl before.

"It wasn't me. It's that boy over there." Chris revealed, pointing over at Seok who was with his group of friends.
"Hey ugly... What's your name?" Raylin asked the weary Chris.
"Chris." He answered simply, wondering where his friends were.
"Crispy? That's a weird name." Raylin stated as she stood up.
"Not Crispy, C-h-r-i-s." He explained, spelling it out for her.
"Okay, ugly Chrisp." She said as she ran over to a group of boys where Seok was.