𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Kenickie jumped out of the car, slamming the car door behind him, adjusting his jeans and hair as ever keeping up the tough appearance as to appear unfazed by the news.

"That's not exactly true, she's missed her time of the month you know." French said softly, attempting to ease the situation.

"Where is she? Huh? I need to see her." He replied, fearful of the situation he may have got himself in.

"She's in the ladies room, she's torn up. Really devastated Kenickie." Marty added.

He rushed off in search of his ex, her best friend running close behind despite her kitten heels sinking into to ground. French stayed behind, leaning back against the pink studebacker. She sighed, overwhelmed by the drama that came with her friends.

"French." Carmen called to her friend from inside the car.

"Huh? Baby?"

"Yeah French, get in." She urged her friend, reaching over to open the passenger door. Frenchie jumped into the car, just before Carmen pulled out of the drive-in theatre. Fast speeding down the road and through the streets of California aimlessly.

"Where are you going Carry? I've got to get home before 12."

"I know, I just needed to get out of there."

"Baby, were you and Kenickie?"

"No! I mean... I've got to tell you something. French don't freak out."

"Oh my god, the summer fling!"

"Hmm. It was Nickie, I wanted to tell you. French you're my best friend but I couldn't face it. If Rizzo wasn't involved and if Danny wasn't so protective it would all be so different. And I never thought it would get this far..." she continued, hands firmly on the wheel.

"You're in love." Frenchie's voice swelled sweetly, smiling at the thought of the love growing between Carmen and Kenickie.

"I'm not. Maybe... I don't think he loves me."

"Why not?"

"He'll always go back to her." Baby's heart was racing, as rapid as the thoughts in her head. She sped up, her driving was smooth but so fast. Her mind wasn't driving, her heart was and it took her to the only place she knew the route to like the back of her hand.

She pulled up on the cliff where it all began, Nickie had taught her to drive here, they had spent most of their summer together there.

"What are we doing here Baby?"

"I-I-I don't know. The view. It's beautiful around this time at night, the lights, town is quiet and peaceful from up here." Carmen's heart rate had settled. She was calm here.

"Yeah it is beautiful." She replied getting out of the car to meet her friend sat on the bonnet.

They sat quietly for a while, before French began to shiver in the cold breeze. Baby handed over her cardigan without saying a word. A tear streamed down her face, still looking out over their town.

"Baby, don't cry. It'll all be alright." French reassured. It was the memories that flooded back, that washed over her. When Kenickie would pass her his T-bird jacket when she was cold and how they would cuddle up on the bonnet of her car and eat fries from the diner.

It wasn't long before Carmen realised the time and snapped back to reality, deciding it was time to drive French back home.

*

"Hey! Carrie, where the hell were you last night? You left us all at the drive-in, you were supposed to take us home. Remember!" Snapped Rizzo, who was backed by Marty.

"Sorry Rizz, I went for a drive. To clear my head."

"Unbelievable... after everything that happened, you needed to clear your head!" Marty interjected, agitated.

"Uh yeah, got a lot going on Marty." Carmen smirked.

"You know what Baby, I don't like your attitude. You've been acting sour for weeks. Off for months, ever since summer. You really want to be a Pink Lady you better smarten up your act or you're out!" Rizzo continued.

"Huh? I'm out... how you explaining that to Danny?"

"Well we'll ask him, here he comes. See what he has to say about your attitude." Danny walked over, with the rest of the boys in there usual gang formation. "Zuko! What's up with little miss Carmen, why's she acting rotten?"

"Baby you ain't acting sour, are you?" He asked looking down at his little cousin.

"No Danny nothings wrong."

"Well explain, where'd she get off to last night, she promised us a ride home!" Marty snapped again.

"I just took a drive, I'm sorry girls." She added, before walking away in embarrassment.

*

"You go up to the cliff, huh?" Kenickie leaned into Carmen, as he sat behind her in class. He got no reply. "Me too, you know. Last night was wild... I'm sorry for taking off, I had to sort some things."

"Sure Nickie." She replied uninterested.

"I want to talk, properly."

"I don't think we should talk. It never ends up right..."

"We just haven't had an opportunity, it always gets interrupted."

"Mr Murdoch! Do you have something you wish to share with the class?" The English teacher spoke.

"No Miss."

"Well don't interrupt my class then... turn to page 234."

A few minutes after his interjection, he passed a note forward to Carmen.

Baby, we should talk
the cliff tomorrow night
meet me there at 8
love, K

Baby, we should talkthe cliff tomorrow nightmeet me there at 8love, K