N I N E ☯︎ MY NAME

"God, I shouldn't have eaten that omelet

"God, I shouldn't have eaten that omelet." I sit on the bathroom floor, hurling into the toilet.

I'm surprised Margot hadn't followed me because I practically ran out on her.

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep down that stupid omelet and yet I still ate it.

Once I feel like I've puked my guys out, I grab the roll of toilet paper and wipe my mouth. I pull myself up and pull open the stall door.

I stop in my tracks when I see Lila, the brat who thinks she owns the school. And the girl who has now assigned herself as my personal bully.

Yippee.

She glimpses at me with a weird look on her face. I skim past her and scrub my face in the sink. Turning off the faucet, I look into the mirror to see her opening her mouth which can only mean trouble.

"I don't have the energy to fight with you today, Lila." I sigh and walk past her and out of the restroom, trying my absolute best to get away from her as quickly as possible.

Although I can't help but hope she wasn't there for too long. I don't need her having yet another thing to drag me for.

She's already done everything she can to make my life hell.

She's tripped me in the halls, locked me out of my classes, called me embarrassing names in public, etc. The list is never-ending.

I make my way back to Margot and Kenji in the cafe. Once they spot me Margot gives me a weird look.

"Hey, what happened? Why'd you take off like that?" she asks, still sipping on her camomile tea.

Think, think, think why did I leave so abruptly?

Oh, I got it. "I had to pee. I've been holding it all day?" it comes out like I'm trying to convince myself.

I can tell by the look on Margot's face, she doesn't believe me for a second. We've grown even closer within the past few months.

She knows when I'm lying and when I'm telling the truth and right now, it's pretty obvious which one it is.

Either way, she shrugs off her suspicions and changes the subject.

"Right, well me and Kenji have a competition on Friday and I was wondering if you'd come? It would mean the world to have my best friend at my comp. Please?" ever since the party last month, she's been nervous when she asks me to go anywhere with her.

She thinks I don't trust her anymore.

I smile softly. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I know you'll both do amazing." I assure.

We talk about any and everything for about an hour. About have way through, Kenji bought Margot food. He offered to buy me something as well but I politely declined.