T W E N T Y - T H R E E ☯︎ ADDICTION

One Week Later

One Week Later

I'm a terrible person.

Hazel is going through a hard time right now and here I am drawing disgusting pictures of her.

Again.

It's like my mind has completely forgotten how to draw anything else. Every time I try to draw something like the sunset it turns into her silhouette around the sunset.

Everything I've created thus far has been of her and I feel awful not only just because of how she feels at the moment but also because imagine someone drawing sinful pictures of you behind your back.

Creepy.

I'm being a creep and I can't stop. Reading those books that she gave me has given me more insight and more ways to draw her and it's becoming an addiction.

I've ordered more of the books on the list she gave me but I'm considering canceling the order.

I look down at my sketchbook, taking in the finished product.

"Good, Lord." my eyes grow 2x in size and my mouth drops.

I slam the book shut and push it away from me like it's on fire. I might as well light it on fire. If anyone ever found that thing I would die. If Hazel ever found it? I'd fly across the world, as far as I can get, and then die.

God, what is wrong with me?

I throw myself back on the swivel chair, causing it to spin slightly.

My eyes follow the intricate patterns on the ceiling before ultimately squeezing shut.

I don't know what to do with myself. I've never been this out of control of my actions. It's like my body wants one thing but my mind doesn't care.

The loud noise of my ringing phone cuts through my pitiful mode.

I roll the chair over to my bed and pick up the phone, not even bothering to check who it is.

"Hello?" I lay my head back on the leather chair, dreading talking to anyone while I feel like a disgusting creep.

"Son." my eyes snap open at the sound of my father's flat voice.

"Father?" I bring the phone away from my ear and check the contact as if I needed any further confirmation.

There's a long silence on his end of the call and I just know that it won't be a loving check-in.