T H I R T Y - S E V E N ☯︎ FAR AWAY

2 Weeks Later

2 Weeks Later

I smile down at my phone, feeling overly happy.

A feeling I've grown close to over these past months. I quickly type out a reply to Hazel's texts, trying to keep to heat from creeping up my neck.

Hazel: I miss you:(

Micah: You saw me 20 minutes ago.

The three dots appear and linger for a few seconds before disappearing, replaced with her response.

Hazel: and I've missed you for 20 minutes.

This time, I can't help the heat that engulfs my cheeks. I read and reread the message over and over again.

"Mr. Bennett, could you please help me pass out these papers, bud?" I look up and see Mr. Adams holding out a stack of papers, a small smirk visible on his lips.

I look around, my eyes scanning the room. Why is everyone staring at me?

"O-Okay." I pocket my phone and get up, taking the papers from him and starting at the front row.

I keep my eyes down as the stack lessens. The last few rows come quickly. It's a group of girls in cheer uniforms and a few guys who I've seen in the pool house.

Maybe the swim team.

"Shes like, sickly isn't she?" I come closer, giving each of them one of the packets.

"I guess, that's what Lila said. There's even a whole Instagram account basically bullying her." their high-pitched voices whisper in a not-so-quiet way.

"Honestly, I think Lila has gone too far with it this time." one of the guys speaks up, chewing on a popsicle stick. They all look at him and I feel trapped, why are there so many people in this area?

"What? I kind of feel bad for Hazel. It's honestly fucked up what she did to her." at the name, my ears perk.

I slightly turn my head, trying to listen in. I was never a nosey person but when it comes to the woman I lo—like, I'm a spy on a top-secret mission.

"Yeah, it's just, can we really blame Lila? I mean the girl gave herself an eating disorder for attention." the stack of papers in my hands suddenly feels heavy. Accidentally, I drop them and immediately lower to my knees to pick them up.

"Ugh, are you serious? You gave me a paper cut. I'm sending you my hospital bill." If you go to the hospital they won't even bother giving you a band-aid, lady.

"I'm, I'm so sorry."

"Guys give him a break. Here let me help." the guy who was protecting Hazel gets down and helps me pick them up.

Once were done I rush down to the front and sit in my seat. I take out my phone and go to the app store typing in the app.

She said Instagram, right?