Chapter 1: Mysterious Beginnings

? pov

This place again...

Just where the hell am I?

My surroundings were all nothing but darkness, voided of anything in sight.

I can't see what's ahead.

?: "Hello? Anyone there?"

.

.

.

.

.

No answer. No matter how much I call out. No reply. No matter how far I run. I feel like I'm not making any progress.

But I don't care. I kept on running. In the distance, I could see a figure. It was a woman. Her back was turned to me. Wearing a green long-sleeve shirt, a dirty green sleeveless sweater with the hand collars folded up to her elbow and light blue jeans. Her hair was orange and long that reaches her waist. Like me...

Could that be?!

I ran even faster with my hand stretched out towards her. Calling for her.

?: "Sister!"

The woman slowly turned to look. Her green emerald eyes staring back at me. I see her opening her mouth, speaking but I could not hear her. After that she turned back and started walking away from me.

?: "Wait! Don't go! Don't leave!"

I ran as fast as I could but she seems to getting further and further away. And then...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

?: "Sister!"

I opened my eyes, sitting up from my bed. Panting.

?:"Haah... Haah... Haah"

I held on to my face and felt my sweat. 'Damn... That dream again' I sighed and closed my eyes with my hand covering my face. 'How many times does this make?' I looked over to my still beeping alarm clock by my nightstand and turned it off. Knock Knock. I looked to my door hearing the knock.

?:"Vivian! Are you awake? Best get up now, dear. Don't want to be late for your first day."

Vivian: "I'm awake, Mrs. Hyoudou."

Mrs. Hyoudou: "Breakfast is ready so come down when your done."

Vivian: "Alright."

I hear Mrs. Hyoudou's footsteps walking away from my door. Going down to the stairs. I sighed. I took off my blanket and walked to the bathroom. Opening the door, I walked over to the sink and washed my face. I looked at myself in the mirror.

It's been a week since I came here and was taken in by the Hyoudous. They apparently found me unconscious and injured in the woods while they were hiking. The married couple was generous enough to take me in and heal me back to health. Of course, when I woke up, they asked how I got there, I could only lie about my circumstances and how I got injured. Thankfully, they bought it and asked me to stay with them. They told me they've always wanted to have a child of their own but Mrs. Hyoudou had a miscarriage once and were afraid to have another. In fear of losing their child a second time. I truly pity the couple. They're nice people.

Through research and the holotomb, I have deduced that I am in another world. I couldn't find anything or anyone related to my world here. Although this place seems to be an alternate world, I could feel that there was magic here but different from the one I know. And ironically I am in Japan. The same country me and the team were in when it all happened. I did try to look for the orb since it caused all this but no luck. The only good thing was that I still had my titans with me. But...