Chapter 5: An Unsettling Question

3rd POV

Vivian Byrne waited at their promised meeting spot in the bustling city. The sun was descending, casting an enchanting warm hue over the surroundings. Vivian had her hands in her pockets, subtly fidgeting as she glanced at her watch. Yuuma was running a bit late, but Vivian didn't mind; it gave her a few extra moments to contemplate the peculiar girl she'd agreed to spend the day with.

 Yuuma was running a bit late, but Vivian didn't mind; it gave her a few extra moments to contemplate the peculiar girl she'd agreed to spend the day with

Author Note: ^ What Vivian is wearing. Please also imagine that Vivian has her hair tied into her signature low pony-tail. Like Fuhua from Honkai Impact.

As Vivian looked around, her thoughts swirled. She couldn't shake the feeling that Yuuma was hiding something, something more significant than mere shyness. Her seeker's intuition tingled, alerting her to the presence of magic—magic not native to this world. Vivian had dealt with hidden secrets and arcane mysteries throughout her life, and she sensed she was now on the cusp of another enigma. 'Just what am I getting myself into?' she sighed in annoyance.

While she was waiting for Yuuma, Vivian sees a lady in a maid uniform walking up to her. 

Vivian: "Can I help you?" She looked at whom she assumes to be a maid cosplayer in curiosity but the lady did not answer. Only smiling, giving her a paper pamphlet and walked away. Leaving only a orange-haired girl and a lone paper in her hand.

Confused, Vivian looked at the pamphlet given to her, seeing what looks to be a magic pentagram circle with writing at the top.

Vivian: "Make your wishes come true, huh? Sounds like a typical way to get scammed." But there was something about this pamphlet that seemed strange to Vivian. She could not place a her finger on it. Shrugging, she folded the paper and put it into her jacket pocket, deciding to leave the mystery for later.

Moments later, Yuuma arrived, her eyes lighting up as she spotted Vivian. Her shy smile tugged at Vivian's heartstrings, though she couldn't ignore the nagging feeling that something was amiss. Vivian brushed off her concerns with a grin, suppressing her inner doubts for now. The day was young, and she was determined to have a good time, despite her reservations.

 The day was young, and she was determined to have a good time, despite her reservations