Chapter 6

march 17th

It's officially opening night. I'm all packed and ready to go. Lucas is here to say goodbye. I saw summer yesterday to say goodbye, but this one is the hardest. "I love you" He said as he pulled me in for our last hug. "I love you more." He laughed. "We don't have time to play that game." Mum shouted for me to get in the car to go. "Right, this is it." I declared. He kissed me and I kissed him back, and then I let go. "I'll facetime you." I said. I let my hand slide out of his until we couldn't hold on any longer. I got in the car and waved him off, I was sure I saw a tear on his face.

The car ride felt long. I was so excited that it just dragged. A lot of people had messaged me to tell my mum good luck, but I knew she didn't need it. "So your in the VIP area, with grandma." She informed me. "Grandma will take you." I nodded and looked down at my phone. Lucas had tagged me in something on Instagram

lucasdarlingtonnn

Maisie just asked me "Where's Stelly?" and i found this pic @stellsswift

user: has she gone with her mum?

stellsswift✓: i miss her too:( and gracie ofc

lucasdarlingtonnn^: i miss you the most

user: tour starts tonight

I showed mum the picture "Aww bless her". We finally got to the private jet and me and mum got on while security loaded our luggage on. Grandma and Grandad appeared and I got up to give them a hug. "How's my baby's baby?" She asked. "Good!" I cheeped happily. Mum was clearly stressed. "You are gonna do fine Tay." Grandma reassured. We all sat down and the jet took off.

I had some food on the way to Glendale. When we got there I went with Grandma and Grandad to the hotel, whereas mum had to go straight to the stadium. I had bought lots of outfits for the tour, but for tonight I chose the black midnights dress. I made a special effort in my makeup tonight and I put my glitter cowgirl hat and cowgirl boots on. I was so excited. Grandma and Grandad got ready and finally we left. Security got us out the hotel and into the car.

When we got to the stadium we had to go in a special door with security. We finally got into the vip box and there was already a lot of people there. I sent a picture to all my friends. I was so excited to see mum.

The stadium filled right up and the intro started. And there she was. Mum. She looked amazing and she sounded even better. A lot of people came to give me friendship bracelets and I gave some out with the box we had in the vip area. Then mum got to the bridge of cruel summer.

"Hello Glendale!" The crowd cheered. "This is the first bridge of this tour, and before we start I want to say a thankyou to the brightest thing in my life." Everyone cheered even more, and I knew what was coming. "Estella, my star, I love you beyond words." I burst into tears and everyone said "Awww" She went on to sing the bridge and Grandma hugged me.

When lover was about to start, I facetimed Lucas. I was singing along and he joined in over the call. Gracie and Maisie came onto the screen and started singing along as best they could too. I was crying. Watching mum sing always has done and always will make me cry. I said goodbye to Lucas and his sisters when The archer finished. I missed them so much already.

Me and Grandma cried all the way through Marjorie, especially when everyone started putting there phone torches in the air. I also cried through Mirrorball because it meant so much to me.

Near the end of the show we went backstage to greet mum when she came off stage. I stood waiting for her and I could finally hear the show ending. She came running towards me with her arms open. I opened mine and we hugged "You did great" I cried happy tears. "I love you." She whispered back.

"If only 13 year old Taylor could see you now." Grandma said. I understood what she meant. I realised something. I want to do something with my life, I want to make it worth something, just like Mum. I just didn't know what.

We got back to the hotel room and I threw myself onto the bed. "Come on Estella get into pyjamas." Mum instructed. She came over to me with a makeup wipe and started wiping my face like I was a child. I loved it though because it made me feel like I was her baby again.

"Mum?" I asked. "Yes?" She continued wiping off my face. "Do you regret having me young?" I knew it was deep, but I needed to know. "No. Never. I am so glad I was so young because now your my best friend. I just wish I had done it with a more decent boy." She explained. I nodded and got changed into my pyjamas.

I got into my bed and thought about Lucas. I missed them so much already. I didn't know how I was going to cope not seeing them for so long. I looked at my photos of us and almost ended up crying.