Chapter 9

"Nothing lasts forever." Yeah. They are correct.

I woke up in a different hotel room yet again. I could smell burnt toast coming from the kitchen. I got up out of bed and tied my hair up into a messy bun. I slipped on my ugg slippers to avoid getting cold feet off the freezing floor. I walked into the hotel room kitchen to see mum's back with her long blonde hair down it, and then him.

He was dancing in the kitchen to make her laugh. She was giggling but I was cringing. Matty Healy is the most disgusting man to walk this planet and I knew mum was being absolutely mad going for a man like him. "Morning!" He said with a cheepy voice. "Hi." I said back, with absolutely no emotion behind my voice. 

I went to make a coffee but instead I just grabbed a peach from the fridge. I didn't want to be in his presence any longer than a minute. I would just go to Starbucks instead. I walked back into my room and started to make myself look a bit more acceptable to go into public. 

Once I was ready I shouted to mum that I was going to Starbucks, and before she could answer I shut the door and left. I had felt so happy for a while, and then it just turns back to hell. I walked to the nearest Starbucks which was a 20 minute walk away, but I didn't mind the walk, I loved the peace. When I got there, I ordered a vanilla iced latte and went to sit at a table in the corner, far away from everyone's ability to hear. I facetimed Lucas, who had just got out the shower. 

"Hey baby, how are you?" I asked. He smiled at me "Better now I have seen your gorgeous face." Bless him. "I am so done with this tour, I just want to be back with you now." I complained. "I want you to be back with me now. Maybe when school ends." He said. School was ending on may 25th, in ten days. Just in time for my birthday on June 3rd. "How about I come see you on my birthday?" I thought that was a great idea. "Oh- Um- I can't. I'm going on vacation that week, sorry Stells." He explained, crushing my hope of having a good birthday. "It's fine. I'm sure we will sort something." I sighed. 

I finished my coffee and ended the facetime and started heading back to the hotel room, hoping Ratty Healy had left. I got back to the hotel and went up to the room. When I got back, it was empty. I looked around to check mum wasn't just in her room or something, but all I could find was the cats. I sighed and went and sat on my bed. I decided to finish my essay for English which took me two hours, since my brain couldn't think straight.

Then I heard the door go. I went to go and see who it was and it was mum. "Can't even get a message to let me know your going out now?" I spat. "Estella don't start. I don't have to listen to you." She snapped back. "He's disgusting. Your disgusting." I fumed. She stared at my furious face. "Estella, I wish you would stop shoving yourself into my life. I don't need your opinion. I'm fine without it." She rebuked, taking a more serious tone. "I am your daughter. You should have aborted me if you didn't want my feelings to matter." I criticised her, and she seemed shook up by the comment I just made. "Right. You need to stop being so ungrateful. You have so much. You are so lucky. There are so many people who would die to be you Estella. I give you everything, even when you don't deserve it." She declared, with storms in her eyes.

"I don't want this! I hate it! My whole life has been shared with complete strangers, and now, I can't just be a normal person. I can't just settle down and have children and live the normal life, because I am always going to be your daughter. The 'snake's' daughter, I will never understand why you chose to have a child. Give me a reason." I screamed at her. I could tell she was angry now. "Do you know what Estella. You're right. I honestly do not know why I had you. Maybe I would have been better off without you. If you want to go then go. I can't stop you." She replied. 

My heart shattered. I said some really vile things, and then karma bit me back right after. I ran to my room and grabbed a bag. I shoved some clothes and makeup in there, not forgetting my toothbrush. I decided that I had had enough and I put on a hat and some sunglasses and stormed out the hotel room. 

When I left I just walked and walked. My phone was buzzing in the pocket of my sweatpants, but I knew it would be mum, so I didn't pick it up. I walked for an hour, not even knowing where I was going, but I didn't care as long as it was far, far away, I ended up finding a quiet street with a small little cafe on. I decided to go in since my feet were starting to kill. 

The lady at the counter started speaking to me. "Hi, can I get you anything?" She asked. I stared at the menu above her and finally ordered a chocolate muffin and hot chocolate. "I'll bring it to you, take a seat." She told me, with a comforting smile on her face that made me feel slightly better. I went to a table in the corner and pulled out my phone. I had so many notifications.

my pretty boy: 7 missed calls.

granny anny: 9 missed calls.

mommy: 17 missed calls.

I sighed and switched it off and put it back into my pocket. I worked out that Mum had called Grandma and Lucas to get hold of me, but right now I couldn't care less. The kind lady came with my drink and muffin, and I ate quickly. I left the cafe and saw a small motel. Perfect, I thought, and I went over to it.

There was a man on reception. "Hi can I get a room please?" I asked. The man organised a room for one night and I payed for it. I finally got to my room and I fell onto the bed. I sighed and changed into something more comfy and finally went to sleep.