I'm Glad We Met

Fandom: Spider-Man: Spider-Verse (Sony Animated Movies)

Summary: Margo's comforted by a Spider-Man from a different universe.

Notes: had to make a sad fic with these two because they both have issues and it hurts my heart, creds to artist

— — — — — —

Being on a screen for hours on end only made things worse for Margo's background situation. Every day, every night, she had to deal with and hear her parents argue endlessly. She just wanted to stop it. She wanted to be comforted, but no one truly understood her. As she was putting her VR headset up like usual one night, she let her thoughts consume her as she was now in a trance while laying on her bed. Margo thought about how her life could be, how her parents and herself could be happier.

She's even thought about sneaking out to get away from them. But that would only lead to more issues. As she stared at her bedroom ceiling, she heard someone knock on her window. Usually, she would grab something to defend herself from whatever was on the other side if someone was trying to break in. But this time, she didn't grab anything. She slowly got up and went to her window, moving her curtains aside to reveal some black boy.

"Who are you, what do you want..."

The boy immediately noticed how soft her voice was as if she was on the verge of tears.

"I'm uh, Miles. Miles Morales, Brooklyn's Spider-Man from Earth-1610."

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm..."

Margo didn't want to break down in front of this kid. But she did. She cried into her hands, not able to contain how she truly felt. Miles felt bad for her. He didn't know anything about her but still felt sympathetic for her. Through her tears, Margo managed to open her room window. Once she did that, she sat on the edge of her bed and kept letting tears fall down her face. Miles came in and closed the window before sitting next to her. He was hesitant on putting an arm around her, but still did it.

"Hey, it'll be okay."

"...That's what they all say..."

Miles got closer to Margo and hugged her. He ain't know her at all, but she definitely needed someone to cry on. She cried in the hug as Miles kept his arms around her. He rubbed her hair as his other arm was still around her. As he did that, Margo looked at him and slowly smiled.

"Maybe things will be okay this time..."

Miles smiled at her. It was the best he could do, besides keep her close to him.

"Your name's Miles, right?"

"...Yeah. What's yours?"

"Margo, but people usually call me Spider-Byte."

"I think I've heard of you somewhere. Ion know where, though."

"Maybe you have. But uh, how did you get here?"

"A very long story."

"You gotta tell me!"

Margo smiled, and that made Miles's heart flutter. He was glad that he could make her feel comfortable and happy in a moment like this. He didn't wanna ruin the moment between them, so he just kept her close and hugged her for as long as she needed while he told one of his stories.