We All Change

Fandom: Spider-Man: Spider-Verse (Sony Animated Movies)

Summary: People change; same with relationships.

Notes: DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A DAMN JEALOUSY FIC OR ANYTHING WEIRD! this is just based off my assumption of what could happen between miles if he got with gwen in beyond the spider-verse/in general since they only know each other based off the few days from itsv and basically romanticized each other, so don't go in my comments (if anybody even decide to comment) with some bullshit thank you very much! BUT ANYWAY, i wanna thank y'all for the support i've gotten ever since i made my account. like, i never expected to get ANY attraction on here 😭 but enough sappy shit and let's GET TO ITTT!! happy holidays btw <3 (creds to artist above)

— — — — — —

contemplating.

Miles was a great kid, but also super complicated. He never knew what he truly wanted, especially in the other gender (or any gender). Did he have a specific type? Not really. As long as the person he liked was chill and had something unique to them, that's all that mattered to him.

So when he first got with Gwen, he saw no issue with it. But as the months changed, so did his opinion on their relationship.

Sometimes, he would contemplate on it not existing. Yeah, they were close; but mainly as friends. They didn't even have the same interests like that, besides them being versions of spider-people. Maybe these thoughts gon' lead to something major...

others.

He was never the type to open up to people, not even when he needed it the most. It could be the simplest thing and he wouldn't tell anyone about it until after the fact. But his relationship was possibly on the line, so there was no way he was gonna open up easily about a big topic like that. But when he got "stuck" in Earth-42 one night, he couldn't keep this away from his supposed twin.

"Bro, life been feelin' different these past few months."

"Because you got with that spider-girl? What's her name again? Uhh—"

"Gwen, it's Gwen."

"Right right right, my bad. Sorry for forgetting that."

"No prob. But yeah, mainly because of her. Ion know if we're gonna make it any longer."

"Whatcha mean, bro? I thought Gwen was the girl of your dreams?"

"I thought so too. But we so alike, yet so different. I literally gave up doing art for quantum physics just for the whole thing to stab me right in the back. Then, when we first got together, it felt forced. I made myself "like" her based on the few days she was in my Earth. I didn't wanna let her down, but I ain't wanna push my feelings aside either. Not after what happened with Miguel and his whole army. I get that she had to protect herself and me, but she shouldn't have lied to me like that."

"Listen, dude. We all gotta do stuff we don't wanna do, but I get the whole betrayal thing. She couldn't get out of it though, right?"

"...Right—"

"Exactly. That whole thing was something that couldn't be prevented. But what can be is a dragged-on relationship. If you think Gwen isn't for you, then you're just gonna have to cut the rope. Hope that she get why, y'know?"