The Real Margo

Fandom: Spider-Man: Spider-Verse (Sony Animated Movies)

Summary: After seeing Margo in VRChat one night, Miles wants to see her without the headset. Maybe he gets what he wants...

Notes: creds to artist hehe

— — — — — —

The night was cold, just like always in New York. Miles was quietly coming home from an intense day, dealing with bad guys and schoolwork at the same time. All he wanted to do was unwind and take a break from everything; because having to juggle the "perfect" child narrative for his parents while being Spider-Man and a student at Brooklyn Visions wasn't the best thing. So, usually, it always ended up with him feeling overwhelmed and stressed. At least his parents came to terms with the fact he was a superhero after a while; and that Spot didn't kill either one of his parents.

Miles went up to the front door and unlocked it with his key, letting himself inside with ease. Once he was in, he locked the door back before taking his puffer off and going to his room. He took his shoes off before flopping backward onto his bed, taking the sweet smell of fresh sheets. Then...he got bored of it after a few minutes. Miles got up and went over to his VR headset, deciding to use it to cure his boredom. He booted it up and went on VRChat first, not caring if he was gonna end up somewhere weird. He went to a random server and was met with...Margo, his 'virtual' girlfriend (she doesn't even know he likes her, for starters, and vice-versa).

"Please tell me that's Margo, please tell me that's her..."

Miles forgot he could use his mic here, so he turned it on and unmuted himself.

"...Margo?"

The avatar turned around and revealed itself. Yes, it was indeed Margo Kess herself. Her virtual spider suit was covered in some clothes; specifically a shirt and some shorts. It was slightly similar to how Miles would rock his suit in his free time.

"Miles!"

Her avatar ran up to his and hugged it. Even though they couldn't feel the warmth from the hug, in reality, it was a cute moment nonetheless.

"You can hear me, right?"

"Duh!"

Her avatar smiled, revealing the lil gap between her teeth. Even though everything was virtual, for now, it seemed real to Miles. He knew she had a gap in real life, he could sense it.

"So, whatcha here for? To see me?"

"...I mean, yeah. But, uh, does your avatar look like you in real life, Margo?"

"Slightly, yeah. I still look the same as when we last saw each other, but now I got a fro. Finna wash my hair later on tonight."

Miles' eyes widened, and it even picked up on his avatar.

"Really?"

"Mhm. Why you ask that, Miles? And how's your parents?"

"They're...fine. And I just asked because...because..."