Chapter 2

I sit there in my dark room in quiet contemplation as everything passes like a bird in the sky. I begin to close my eyes, weary my hands release from the dog's grip and I fall into sleep. I started to dream but at first, it didn't feel like it. Mom warned me not to get the dog he wasn't necessary but to me, he was he guided me he got me through hard times. The glass cracked like ice and I bolted down the stairs rushing to the living room where his crate was. I undid the hatch and carried the twelve-pound dog in my arms as I dashed faster than Usain Bolt. The glass kept cracking and water leaked. I make it to the steps.

BREAK. I get swallowed by the water and begin to go under thrashing in the muddy water. At first, I suffocated. The thing is to get comfortable as the air rushes out. I feel the happiness I smile seeing a light as my eyes close and feel the cold water on my skin wash over me and I wake. Gasping in a cold sweat, the dog patting my door, I look at the starry night sky, attach his leash, and go for a walk.

I walk around the little island as I am skeptical of trees, stars, lights, and the smell of the ocean. I stopped by the beach and sat on a bench with Roxi. As I turned on the devices I heard the chirp of cricks and the song of the cicada. I turn off the devices and watch the water crash on the pier. The salt in the air made me hungry for something sweet and I went to begin to walk the dog back home. I walk up the stairs and to the door and take out my key as I open the door to the living room.

I drag Roxi to her crate and lock the door as I chuckle nervously and say "Sorry sweetie" I begin to walk off toward the kitchen and look back at Roxi with a smile. I head for the kitchen and open the door to see a slice of chocolate cake from the store. I opened it and bit into the soft fluffy cake with stale buttercream. It wasn't great but it made me feel like it was my birthday. Even if it was not even a month away.

I threw the plastic container in the trash, wiped my chocolate-crumb-filled face, and headed back to bed. I took a glass of water and drank it. The water quenches my thirst after I finish the tall glass and I feel my body urge me to use the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom, undo my pants, and go as I sigh. I smell my pits and gag from the oniony smell of my BO. I scratch my privates and sniff my hand as I smell a musty smell and sigh as I flush the toilet and take off my clothes.

I look in the mirror and see my rail-thin body and short small frame. I chuckled as I knew I could eat anything and not gain much weight. I felt it was funny people wanted to be my size when I wanted to be bigger, have no stomach, and no ribs showing. I take off the implants and place them on the counter as I turn on the shower, turning the water to cool.

I walk into the water and rinse off. I put my hair under the water and my body is now wet. I take the liquid soap and put it on my body. The suds tingle my sink and I feel a splash of sunshine in the night. I take the shampoos and wash my hair, scrubbing my hair with my fingers. I rinse out the suds and relax in the cool water.

After a while, I turn off the water and grab a towel to dry myself off. I put on my old clothes and take the implant to my room to charge them on the Y- y-charger. I yawn and walk over to my closet, slide the door open, and pick out night clothes. I get dressed in nightwear and put the laundry in my hamper. I lay back down and looked up at the ceiling covered in glow-in-the-dark stars from when I was little.

I mindfully count the stars but like normal, I lose my place and sigh. I roll over and take a flashlight to a picture of a thin tall man with round glasses. I sigh and put the photo of my dead father back and try not to allow myself to think of his death. I start to drift into sleep and I begin to dream. I see my mother sign to me "You are just like your father," I suddenly see the memory of Mom getting an envelope.

I wake up, and the sun shines in my room. I open the curtains and look outside at the house next to mine and wavy at the young girl in the window. I walk to the bathroom, brush my teeth, and roll on cologne. I take the stick of deodorant and place it on my pits. I walk downstairs and see a man working on the stove installing the new furniture. I let out the dog as it pounced on me giving me kisses. I put on its leash and ask her to come as she carries her ball to me. I pick up a few toys and a bag as I walk out the door toward the beach.