Minsheng

Wukong's POV

I taught him everything I knew from...
...
My old Master...

Medicine...reading...human etiquette...also the spells, but yeah...you know it...anything in this era's version of education.

It was during his free time and at first his Master didn't believe he was being taught by me, but here we are him observing me giving him the very thing HE promised in front of his eyes. Except I'm a damn bird...

But...

Ugh...that sense of Deja Vu again...

that sense of Deja Vu again

Just talking...just LEARNING...

Telling you everything...now I have to keep it all to myself...

...

My thoughts, my feelings, my memories...all to myself...I'm starting to forget their faces...

"Messenger?"

"Y-Yeah...?"

"You're crying..."

"Oh...oh sorry..."

I wiped my tears with my wings...god how do humans cry on command? That's really useful right about now...

"Sorry, bud just missing someone...uhm...where was I?"

I said, hiding my breaking voice...though it seems I need more practice...since he started petting me...

"Don't cry messenger...I'm sure whoever you miss you'll see them soon!"

Ugh...I want to hide so badly...

"Alright, uhm...that-that concludes today's lesson uhm..."

I broke off, a massive lump filling my throat as if I had a disease...

"I'll just uhh...just head on off now..."

As I was trying to fly, he pet my back softly

"Wanna stay here for a bit? I know you're not feeling good at the moment..."

I was tempted...and I gave in...how can I say no to a face like that? Besides...

I barely remember his face over the years, the best I could make out were those kind eyes that bore into the very depths of my soul...

A man who treated me less like a king, a god...a man who only saw the me I am now...the me I want to be...

Even if I can't forgive myself...

I stayed, perched on his lap as he started petting my feathers...it feels nice...

it feels nice